• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M100 ECU

R
Mar 14, 2009
Havre, MT
NEED HELP, 2007 M1000 ECU

I had the ECU burn up on my 07 m1000, was wondering if there is a common problem or what would cause it to burnt up. Hate to spend almost $1600 for a new on and have it burn up. The only thing that im running is a air/fuel gauge and boondocker box.

Also if anyone has one for sale im interested, it is a triangle.

Any help would be great.

Last edited:
J
Jan 1, 2008
As far as I know cat ECMs are about all the same minus the flash. I would say no on the common problem. Find one on eBay and go for it. Just be aware that it may not run as good as yours if you had the original flash in it.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
same exact thing happened to me this week..

r\went 1 mile down the trail and it fried. smoking thick.

had pluged in air fuel gauge and pcV

07 1000

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We should have you covered if you need an ECU, BUT......there is a reason that it was damaged. You need to find the reason before putting another one on and smoking it. Usually a short circuit in the wiring harness. It may take significant time to find it, but you must find it before you have more damage. If you don't want to mess with it I would get a new wiring harness and a replacement ecu and then plug it in and hold the spot by the diode where yours will have the black smoked area. If you have a short you will feel it getting warm. If this happens you still have a short and you need to shut it down right away.

Premium Features