• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 KTM 525: Wanting to Snowbike it

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Hey all,
I have several sleds but Ive always been a dirt biker at heart.

I bought a really nice 07 KTM 525 EXC the other day and would like to snowbike convert it next season.

I've been reading with great interest about the Camso kits and in spite of everyone saying they're ugly (I'm 52 and don't care so much about that anymore, lol) they sound like a pretty reasonably priced, good performing kit.

Problem is of course, they only list the newest bikes for fitment.

Has anyone out there heard or seen anyone fitting one to anything prior to 15's?

Im retired, so affordability is a factor here too, otherwise I'd probably spring for a new Aro kit mounted to a 2017 KTM500, but that's just not in the cards money wise!! :face-icon-small-dis

Hey all,

I bought a really nice 07 KTM 525 EXC the other day and would like to snowbike convert it next season.

I've been reading with great interest about the Camso kits and in spite of everyone saying they're ugly (I'm 52 and don't care so much about that anymore, lol) they sound like a pretty reasonably priced, good performing kit.

Has anyone out there heard or seen anyone fitting one to anything prior to 15's?

Im retired, so affordability is a factor here too, otherwise I'd probably spring for a new Aro kit mounted to a 2017 KTM500, but that's just not in the cards money wise!! :face-icon-small-dis

Timbersled fit kit part# for your bike is the same as a 2015 450 exc or xc-w. Just guessing I would think a fit kit from that 450 from camso should work unless timbersled has a bigger variety of parts with the kit then camso. Someone on here would know. Good luck

Do it

I have two friends with Camso DTS on RFS KTM's. One on a 2008 EXC 400 and one on a 2007 EXC 450. Both work well, and use Camso fit kits. Check the Camso website, these bikes are supported. I have a EXC 500 with a Camso DTS and it works awesome. The can go pretty much where ever I go. Sometimes they have to take a different line, but the get there. Your 525 will be fine.

I have a 570 kit and stage 5 cam from thumper racing on my rfs....Needles to say every other bike, including 500s, and 450 MX bikes are still lacking compared to my 16 year old iron.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hey all,

I just ordered one for the same bike. The part # is on the camso website.

Premium Features

Back