• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 CRF450X fork questions.

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
I am new to the snowbike world and just bought a 2007 CRF 450X and a 17 Timbersled ST.
I see a lot of people posting about needing to stiffen the front forks either by adding new springs or adding air pressure. For instance Airpro has a neat set up for about $130.
My question is this. Is there any reason i shouldn't just take out the bleeder valve and install a schrader valve? and how much air can i add before i start blowing seals. Will this fix the bottoming out issue? I would appreciate any input on this.

H

Hbmtr

Feb 11, 2010
carnelian bay ca.
i have an 07 crf. dont rec.adding air as you will eventually start those fork seals leaking.Original bleed screws were there to let excess air out after a ride.
you can try raising fork to max level and turning compression damping adj.all the way in but these are only patches.

I just ordered .56kg springs from Cannon racecraft.after 2 seasons of patches lol

A
Nov 28, 2016
i have an 07 crf. dont rec.adding air as you will eventually start those fork seals leaking.Original bleed screws were there to let excess air out after a ride.
you can try raising fork to max level and turning compression damping adj.all the way in but these are only patches.

I just ordered .56kg springs from Cannon racecraft.after 2 seasons of patches lol

We actually haven't had any issues with blowing fork seals. That was our first concern when we thought of this idea, and a valid concern. And on dirt, you do want to let air out of the bleeders. Makes for a very harsh ride if you don't. Believe it or not, the seals for the outer chamber on a spring fork are a standard seal. Same ones used in an air fork. The Showa TAC fork, (fork with 3 air chambers in the right fork and spring on the left) has a standard outer chamber PSI setting of 16.7, with adjustment up to 20psi. So we don't expect any issues with blowing fork seals directly related to our bottoming kit. :)

Premium Features