• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 600ho no instruments,headlight dim. HELP

Ok, my idiot dealer has had this sled for 8 months. Starts and runs fine. After he rebuilt the carbs the headlight is dim and no read out on the instrument panel. He has replaced the voltage regulator, magneto and screwed around with nothing fixed. Now he wants to replace the entire wiring harness. What should I do? This is the local Polaris dealer and he has 10 years experience. You can call me at 970-773-1396 if I need to chat. I'm also being expected to pay for the parts and labor that didn't fix it. Very frustrated

J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
Try unplugging your grip heaters, brake light, couple other things I forgot. I believe that one had a recall on the vr, hopefully got the updated version. Probably has a live wire grounding out somewhere, trace every single wire make sure no chaffing. If that doesn't work, then it's probably the stator.

After the dealer replaced all the wrong parts and 8 months of sitting, he found a shunted bare wire behind the carbs he caused when rebuilding the carbs, then charged me for all parts. I settled on dealer cost and no additional labor

Premium Features