• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Rev 800 Primary Clutch Play

B
Jul 28, 2011
I just picked up a 2006 Rev 800 and have noticed that the primary clutch has about 1/4" of free rotational play seperate from the spline and the inside plate.

Basically i can grab the outer portion of the primary clutch and rotate it fwd and back about 1/4" before it engages the spline or the rear plate. Also a pretty annoying squeak/squeal at idle rpm.

Some people have mentionted the belt tension...which i would buy for the sqeak, however this problem is completly independant of the secondary clutch. just seems like it is loose on on the main drive shaft into the engine.

Any help would be great.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I just picked up a 2006 Rev 800 and have noticed that the primary clutch has about 1/4" of free rotational play seperate from the spline and the inside plate.

Basically i can grab the outer portion of the primary clutch and rotate it fwd and back about 1/4" before it engages the spline or the rear plate. Also a pretty annoying squeak/squeal at idle rpm.

Some people have mentionted the belt tension...which i would buy for the sqeak, however this problem is completly independant of the secondary clutch. just seems like it is loose on on the main drive shaft into the engine.

Any help would be great.
If its that loose you need a full inspection and likely need several parts including both bushings.O-rings ,Shoes , perhaps arms ect, have this looked at by someone who knows clutches, If you watch you can learn a great deal

B
Jul 28, 2011
Thanks for all the responses. It turns out the bolt that that runs through the primary clutch and into the crank had loosened up, and in turn had siezed itself in. I wasn't sure who to send it too so i brought it to the local GVP store (skidoo dealership) and they told me it could end up cositng me a few grand as they wouldnt know till they opened it up. Needless to say i told them to take a hike. I found another guy through the grapevine who sounds like it may not be much of a problem to get it out.

I'll let you know how it ends up.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks for all the responses. It turns out the bolt that that runs through the primary clutch and into the crank had loosened up, and in turn had siezed itself in. I wasn't sure who to send it too so i brought it to the local GVP store (skidoo dealership) and they told me it could end up cositng me a few grand as they wouldnt know till they opened it up. Needless to say i told them to take a hike. I found another guy through the grapevine who sounds like it may not be much of a problem to get it out.

I'll let you know how it ends up.

the upside is that the 06 is a great sled! best out a the box hands down,except for the clutch bolt

B
Jul 28, 2011
2006 Summit 800 Clutch Parts

Is the Primary Clutch assembly different for the 600HO and the 800HO.

I may need a new Primary Schive fixed flange, and i've found an entire used Primary clutch assembly that looks to have this part in good condition on ebay, for the half the price of what BRP wants for jus the fixed flange.

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
if your talking the inboard part of the clutch that goes on the crank, they are different I think I have the part you need if you can post a pic of what you need Im sure I have it

B
Jul 28, 2011
I need the Fixed Flange Assembly noted as Item number 2 on the attached picture.

Do you have a new or used one? how much would you want for it? how much would shipping be? Do you run an online store of some sort?

Thanks

2006 Summit 800 Pulley System.jpg

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
I own a 06 rev 800 and I work on alot of skidoo's the part will be used , look on the back side of it and youll see a part number on it 222???? what is your part number where are you located at?

Premium Features