• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 M7 Bog

R
Jan 2, 2013
Having trouble with my 2006 M7, EFI. Took my sled out this weekend after it ran great last weekend. Took off from the truck sled was running great then all the sudden the sled started to bog down terrible and flash the check engine light. I shut the sled off and started it back up, no more check engine light on so I took off again, the sled was running fine until I hit about 3/4 throttle and all the sudden the bog starts again and check light comes on again. Only thing I can think of right now is possible clogged fuel filter because I filled it with a gas can last time, other than that I cant thing of what else it might be. Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:
R
Dec 9, 2007
Is your engine light flashing codes? (A certain # of flashes, pause, repeat.) Or is it on steady? Seems most likely to be a power valve issues, they activate at 7000-ish RPM.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Ya, should fash a code with engine light. If it hasn't been removed there's a sticker under the hood with a code list. I agree to check out the power valves, buddies m7 did the same thing and it was that one of his PV cables popped off the servo motor. Reinstalled the cable, cleaned the valves to make sure they weren't sticking and its been fine since.

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Sounds like a servo motor failure to me. Just replaced mine on Saturday. Exact same symptoms. $350 on a deal

M
Jun 19, 2008
Sounds like the sled is going into "limp home" mode if the check engine light stays constant. It retards timing and richens A/F ratio to protect the engine. Find out what codes are stored and go from there....

Premium Features