• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Fusion bogs/cuts/eventually dies

I have an 06 Fusion 700 with around 3500 miles. We were cruising across a bumpy field recently and I went to move the rider select all the way toward the front and all of a sudden I started to lose power and the sled would bog down. Low speed seemed to be OK but it got gradually worse. I would kill the engine and restart and then it would seem to help for a while but then the mid/high end would bog. When I restart it I can hear a whine or hissing sound at idle that I never recalled hearing. I was reading some other posts about "CDI limp mode", low power mode, possible bad fuel filter, and possible bad fuel lines.

I looked over my vent lines and they don't appear to be binding. I started my sled again and it sounds like the fuel pump is really whining loud.

On the diagram for the vent line (#2), is there anything connected to the short run? I have a service manual that shows an exhaust valve line connected to it but that is not that way on my sled.

Also, I haven't changed fuel filter yet, thinking I will try that. The weirdest thing is this all seemed to start when I moved my rider select all the way forward, but nothing seems to be binding. I also checked the throttle lever free play and it seems tight.

I am going to check the fuel pressure tonight, I understand it should be 116 psi.

Very frustrating, appreciate any advice.

Premium Features

Back