• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 900 rmk bogging out then dies check engine flashes 7

C
Feb 9, 2009
Hi Everyone,
I have an 2006 900 rmk that was running great then i stop and had a break. Got back on the sled gave it some gas to spin the track and all of a sudden the check light came and started flashing 7 times. So I limped it backed to the truck going 10 -15 mph and then some times I could get to 40 -50 mph.

So I bought a brand new Throttle position sensor and pigtail and calibrated and still no change, so I took it to the dealer to have them calibrated and still no change. After reading many of the forum posts I installed a different computer and voltage regulator and still no change.
But still get the 7 flashes

All of my injectors ohm to be 12.1 ohms
the capacitor holds a charge just fine.
Exhaust probe ohms out good
Mass air flow sensor ohms out good.

I installed a fuel pressure gauge right at the fuel tank and powered up the fuel system and i get right a 120 psi.

I pulled the motor out lastnight and im going to replace the flywheel tonight with a known good one.

Is there a way to test the stator properly or should I just ordered a new stator?

The sled has 1700 miles
Timbersled intake
compfusion motor mounts
Mbrp can
Thanks in advance
Eric

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
The blink code for 7 flashes has to do with the injectors. check to make sure the wiring didn't come in contact with the jackshaft. Before you spend money check for the obvious things on these sleds. They had a piss poor way of routing the wiring harness in this sled. Last year I had problems with my DET sensor come to find out that it had rubbed on the jackshaft and was grouding out. Double and triple check all the wiring before you make any more moves. I know they routed the right injector wire harness in front of the tank then around the oil resivour and under the jack shaft.

Zips ties are this sled's best friend

C
Feb 9, 2009
I will certainly check the wires again, I have had this motor out of the sled multiple times before and always use zipties and im pretty carefully on how I run the wires. But if the injector wires were rubbed through and touching anything metal wouldnt my injector resistance be different then the other ones? Unless all the injectors wires were rubbed through. I will recheck the resistance on them today since i have the motor sitting on the bench at home.
Thanks for your help!!
Please keep the ideas coming!
Eric

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
But if the injector wires were rubbed through and touching anything metal wouldnt my injector resistance be different then the other ones?

I have seen it before. Couldn't find a ground anywhere until I put the motor back in and tested it again. All it takes is one of the wire strands to touch the chassis somewhere and you are fubarred. Give this a look see for any future references.

troublecodes-1.jpg

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
I've experienced an issue in the past wherein the injector boot broke and one of the wires broke making contact sometimes and not other times. I found this because the sled was dropping to one cylinder at times.

Another issue I have run into causing it to drop to one cylinder is a pushed in on one of the coils...this likely isn't your issue since you've swapped out the coils and didn't notice any issues.

C
Feb 9, 2009
Thanks for everyone's help!
But after pulling the flywheel off and inspecting it, the glue that holds the inside liner let go. Then it started wearing on the stator wires.

Ill be ordering a new stator and flywheel and I'm sure that will resolve my issues

-Eric

Premium Features