• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 summit gauge question

R
I recently purchased a 2005 summit 800. Its my first skidoo and I did not get an owners manual. While running the engine to get some stabil through it, the second to last symbol on the speedo kept flashing and beeping loudly. Can anybody tell me what all the symbols/lights on the speedo mean, starting from the bottom left and working clockwise. I would really appreciate it.

The sled does not have a tach, but there is a cutout spot available. Have any of you guys added a tach here and does it help/do any good? Or is it really not necessary?

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
sounds like your D.E.S.S. key was not plugged in properly. Did your motor rev high enough to engage the belt? If the key is not seated properly, it will do a beep every second or so. All you have to do is wiggle the D.E.S.S. key and it will register with a couple of quick beeps.
Hope this helps.

If it is an "x" model, the tach is there, and the speedo is in the LCD display.
I cut out the plastic in the insert on the empty pod, and mounted a screen to vent the engine bay a bit more.

Last edited:
R
Apr 18, 2009
Also coolant light which i believe is the middle one, but hopefully your aware of the obvious ;) ran mine 05 the past weekend, and she overheated a bit, running it for 10 min in 70 degree temps, sled beeped once and light came on.

Premium Features