• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 900 fuel pressure problems

Well, just got the 2010 Dragon back on its feet and the 2005 900 decided to crap the bed. Running fine then started bogging and stalled. Hard time to restart but did for about 10 seconds and stalled again. Changed plugs, not it, plenty of gas in the tank (I know some of you were thinking that)Had to pull her back to the snowpark and get her on the sled deck, what a chore that was. Luckily there was a well positioned snowbank and 2 guys walking around willing to help.
Anyway, I think I have narrowed the problem down to either a bad fuel pump or bad regulator. My buddies 05 900 puts out 50 pounds of fuel pressure on the second pull. Mine barely got to 15 pounds when I was running the pump on a full 12 volts.

Ordered a used one from e-bay "from a working sled", wish me luck.
:face-icon-small-dis

Sounds to me like the regulator would be the first priority to check. You should have 58 PSI. If a new regulator doesn't fix it, then perhaps a faulty fuel pump, but that might be a little more expensive.

Good luck!

Sounds to me like the regulator would be the first priority to check. You should have 58 PSI. If a new regulator doesn't fix it, then perhaps a faulty fuel pump, but that might be a little more expensive.

Good luck!

Fuel pump was the problem.
Rode Yakima last Sunday and had a blast!! Going to try it again this weekend. Had to drive up the trail 2 miles with truck and trailer to find snow on the trail.

900 fuel pressure

It was the fuel pump. Put the used one on and it runs great.

Well, just got the 2010 Dragon back on its feet and the 2005 900 decided to crap the bed. Running fine then started bogging and stalled. Hard time to restart but did for about 10 seconds and stalled again. Changed plugs, not it, plenty of gas in the tank (I know some of you were thinking that)Had to pull her back to the snowpark and get her on the sled deck, what a chore that was. Luckily there was a well positioned snowbank and 2 guys walking around willing to help.
Anyway, I think I have narrowed the problem down to either a bad fuel pump or bad regulator. My buddies 05 900 puts out 50 pounds of fuel pressure on the second pull. Mine barely got to 15 pounds when I was running the pump on a full 12 volts.

Ordered a used one from e-bay "from a working sled", wish me luck.
:face-icon-small-dis

Premium Features

Back