• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 skidoo summit himark x 159 track options

M
Dec 16, 2009
so i have a 2004 skidoo summit 800 himark x. i am wanting to get a new track and am wondering what kind of clearance i will have for lug size? (would like 2.5") it has a 159" , 2" inch lug track in rough shape on it . i was thinking maybe trying to get a 162" track to fit by either moving the suspension mounting back or a big wheel kit ????will this work???

thanks

Ill Named

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I Just did this this year. Put a 162 2.5 3" pitcher on my 159. Fork out the money and buy avid 7t drivers, they don't vibrate and require no breakin time. I already had a 8" big wheeler on, but I had to make new extentions an inch and a half further back as I didn't want to move my skid. I also made 1.5" drop brackets for the rear mounting point because the track was just barely touching the top of the tunnel where the heat exchanger ends. It works great and I am running 19-43 gears. Havent come across another 800 yet that I can't destroy(the 827 + extras help as well)
Well worth it.
Ill

Last edited:
R
Nov 8, 2009
The best deal is to buy a new "take-off" 162x16x2.25 Maverick from someone who is going turbo on their new Yamaha. These tracks are good powder tracks on sleds less than 175hp. They don't hold up on 350hp turbo sleds hence, the bad press. My friend and I have run these for 3yrs now without problems. We ride 90% powder through the same terrain as everyone else with all lugs intact. You will need to change to 8 tooth 3.0 extrovert drivers which provide a bonus 5% lower final drive ratio and maintain stock clearance in the tunnel. You will need an 8" big-wheel kit to make a perfect fit on 159 rails. This 162 track is a few pounds lighter than your 159 so your clutching does not change. Total cost of conversion is less than $500.

Reactions: moser08
Premium Features