• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 rev 800

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Looking at putting a pipe on my sled and wondering what kind sees the best gain for the buck? Thanks

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
I think you will find that the stock pipe is pretty hard to beat. Get an aftermarket can to shed some weight and also improve overall performance. I ended up selling my aftermarket pipe and went back to stock. Performance was unnoticable and fuel mileage improved drasticly. I went back to stock jetting. From what it seems, you have to jet up so much for the aftermarket pipes that you are just throwing fuel at it to keep it from burning down and then you battle bogs at some rpms. Once you get a can on it, start working on clutching and gearing. This will all depend on the type of riding that you do. Just my .02 worth. Good-luck.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
THanks guys I guess I will just stick with stock then.

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
i got the same sled and its got a straighline performance pipe on it and not sure what the can is but is sounds good. the pipe gave good top end but kind lost a little low end. but overall works good

Premium Features