• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 Polaris RMK 800 engine with SLP Performance Ed ready to go into 06-11 IQ chassis

Sundance Kid

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2001
Black Hills
I've got a complete 2003 RMK 800 engine ready to drop into the sled of your choice or put into a 2006-2011 IQ style RMK chassis.
This engine started life at SLP getting the Hillclimb/Performance Edition porting including the top half case/bottom of cyl porting along with a Cheater head. The exhaust valve bleed holes have been plugged. SLP is the only shop to ever touch this or any of my engines. SLP's claim is this engine would develop 160 HP with this porting/pipe package. Strong enough to outrun any current stock 800.
The CDI box was re-flashed by Pro 5 in Roseau for a ported, single pipe engine.
The reeds are V-Force 3 and the carbs are NOT bored, I wanted throttle response and this engine has it.
Engine is set up for 6000-9000 ft elev on pump gas. No pain in the butt mixing of race fuel to prevent detonation.
It was in a Pro X chassis for 4 years and only has 1000 miles on it.
When was the last time you looked at the exhaust side of a Polaris 800 piston and seen one this clean after 1000 miles, definitely not on a new style 800!!!
It's had an SLP/WMS base plate on it since day one along with the drive clutch being properly shimmed to prevent the engagement bang that takes out the crank. The base plate definitely helps keep the crankcase from flexing under load and preventing crank failure. It has NEVER had a crankshaft issue. Current runout is 0.0015-0.002.

I got the Holz motor mount plate to put it into a 2006-11 RMK IQ chassis.
Since this engine was always so strong and dependable I wanted to put it into a 2007 RMK 600 I picked up but never happened and probably won't now.

Also included but not shown in the pictures is a brand new, in the box, SLP single pipe for this motor/chassis conversion. These were originally built for the hillclimb racers in 2005 when they received the IQ RMK chassis a year earlier than the rest of the world. This pipe is SLP part # 09-849. It is in kit form so it can be fitted to different style motor mounts. With the Holz motor mount its a piece of cake to finish then it should be sent back to SLP for the ceramic coating for max HP.

Also included is the drive clutch with a Hot Seat titanium spring set up for 6000-9000'.

I'm asking $2500 + shipping for the complete engine/motor mount plate/clutch and pipe package.
PM me, reply here or E-mail me at 800 engine for more details or if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking

800 twin pic 1.jpg 800 twin pic 2.jpg 800 twin pic 3.jpg 800 twin pic 7.jpg 800 twin pic 6.jpg 800 twin pic 4.jpg 800 twin pic 5.jpg 800 twin pic 8.jpg 800 twin pic 9.jpg 800 twin pic 10.jpg

Sundance Kid

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2001
Black Hills
TTT
See a lot of people are looking for 800's. This is a great, ready to drop in and go engine.
Can ship day after receiving payment.
Have the instruction sheet from Holz to install motor plate in IQ chassis. Just add some motor mounts and your installed.

Sundance Kid

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2001
Black Hills
Motor does not have reverse but that can easily be programmed into CDI box.
I'd sell it without the pipe and plate. Someone has inquired about the pipe so this could work out for everyone.

nikeman240

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2011
still available?

Is the motor still available? Looking for an 03 motor. Does this have the larger crank bearings? I have had several go out, so wanted to check. Thanks! Jason. oh and please email me if you can.: jason.douglas.webb@gmail.com

Premium Features