• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2003 Edge SKS or RMK front torque arm

T
Nov 26, 2009
I have a 2003 700 SKS 144 and noticed that the front torque arm on the rear suspension has a crack. Was told this is quite common with these suspensions.Could put a new one on but was thinking of welding it and giveing it a gusset in the corners. The torque arm on my 2000 RMK is alot heavier built compared to these on the edge so was thinking of beefing it up there. Any one else have this problem and am I on the right track. Or if you would happen to have a good used one from a parts sled let me know. Thanks, Terry

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I break about 1 a year on my edges as do most. Yes, you are on the right track with the gussets. Also run a strap from the arm, up over the cross shaft, and back down the other side. Beef up the bottom as well while you are at it because I have broke the bottom once or twice too. It is usually the top that goes though. The problem once you have broke them it that they are usually bent now as well as the aluminus cross shaft that goes inside of it. I tis hard to get them both straightened back back out to where the shaft will spin freely in it. If it doesn't spin, you skid will bind causeing it not to ride as well, have the mounting bolts come loose and wallow out the tunnel holes, and break the torgue arm again. Best bet is to start fresh with a new one, and beef it up. Good luck.

Premium Features