• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 RMK Handlebars & Windshield Suggestions

S
Yesterday I rolled my 2002 RMK 700 and tweaked the handlebars. Does anyone have any good replacement suggestions? I'm anxious to also rise the bars above the 2.5" I already have to about 6" and should probably consider that when buying new handlebars.

I notice a lot of people use ProTapers. What type?

I expect I can remove and reinstall all existing controls and the center grab handle and replace my bent stock handlebars with a new one. Am I incorrect?

I also destroyed my windshield. I've seen some replacements on eBay for around $65. Can anyone point me in another direction?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

-Mike

I wouldn't suggest using ProTapers. I've heard some quite nasty things about them breaking and cracking in half. I would get some RSI backcountry bars if I were you. They may give you the heighth you desire. If not, they also sell pivoting blocks, riser blocks, etc.... As for the windshield, why not leave it off? It adds a custom look to YOUR sled.

Premium Features