• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 700 Edge RMK-Tunnel Extension -Help

Pol600

Lifetime Membership
Good evening

I am extending the tunnel to extend the track from a 136 to a 151. I have a tunnel extension kit from SLP and the instructions are not specific to my model.

I am in the middle of the installation and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it necessary to cut of the very end of the old part of the tunnel (where the snowflap is riveted on)? I do not know if the 151" track will catch on this part that sticks down ~2''/

2. The coolant runs through the running board on this model and there is a cooler/extrusion mounted on the rear of the tunnel. Is the hose full of coolant if the rear of the sled is higher than the front of the sled? I am worried about getting air in the coolant lines when taking off the hose, which is necessary to mount the tunnel extension to the existing tunnel.

thanks in advance for any and all advice given

If it was me i would either cut it off, or bend it up and rivit it to the new tunnel extension for more support. yes there will be coolant in the hoses and cooler. I would use stainless steel rivets to fasten together.

I think you need to either bend or cut off the existing drop as you'll need to disconnet and flip the cooler back into the extension. At least that's what I had to do when going from a 144 to 159 wih the SLP extension. There will be coolent in the cooler so you'll have to bleed out the air. Jack up the front of your sled to help with bleeding th air out. I've set my skis on wheels laying around in the shop to get the front end up.

Premium Features

Back