• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 Toyota Tacoma won't stay in 4 wheel drive!

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Girlfriends Tacoma won't stay in 4wd. Its an automatic and we just had transfer case and gear box serviced thinking that it would help (local shops idea). Manual transfer case. It will go into 4wd but it "pops" out after a minute or 2. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich

I can't really help you out, but if you haven't already, check out Yotatech.com. There is a ton of info there, so somebody should be able to give you some ideas. Good Luck!

Girlfriends Tacoma won't stay in 4wd. Its an automatic and we just had transfer case and gear box serviced thinking that it would help (local shops idea). Manual transfer case. It will go into 4wd but it "pops" out after a minute or 2. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich

Impossible.
Toyogas are perfect, last forever & never EVER require any repair!

I had to replace a switch in my transfer case that activates 4wd. Its a electronically driven solenoid that crapped out on mine. Kind of a pain in the butt to change on my 00 4Runner. Much easier done on my Chev 2500 4x4.

Premium Features

Back