• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 Summit 700

D

digger18

Feb 22, 2009
Otsego MN
Buddy just picked up a 2001 700 Summit. Don't know to much about ski doos. Was wondering what the clutch setting should be at around here,MN? The right way to adjust them.Also what it should idle. How to adjust that to. Thanks

F

FNG

Nov 19, 2008
Good sled.

Where in MN? ie, what altitude will your buddy be riding at.

I have an 01 Summit 700 standard and from what I've read it was set up (carbed) to run at altitude (6000 ft plus) so if you are anywhere at or above that you should be good with the standard jetting (pto and mag side 520 main jet and 17.5 pilot jet btw), shoulb be a pair of TM type carbs in there.

The Manual I have says warm idle at 1500 +/- 200. and it's probubly worth ordering a manual on disc, especially if your friend is mechanically inclined and on a budget, (do a search, or just buy one on e-bay for probubly $10.00-15.00).

If it's new to you (or your buddy) it is probubly worth taking the sled to some clutching guy and having them service the clutch(s), replace buttons, ect... as needed, just nice to have a good starting point and a clean clutch is a happy clutch, oh, change the chain case oil (again, just to have a starting point).

How many miles are on it, many of the Summits are due for a top end and probubly lubeing the bottum end crank bearings too by around 4000mi. Check the compression, 110 is getting worn and tired, soon to be rebuilt, 140's and you are golden :)

If you can shed the stock can for something after market then you can shed some weight easily and these sleds like that.

Last edited:
Premium Features