• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 f350 7.3 stalls out

my truck is stalling out when i put it in reverse and then give it some throttle sometimes it also happens in drive at stop signs when i take off. Has anyone had this problem before. Is it a torque converter/tranny or motor problem? Thought i would ask , thanks

my truck is stalling out when i put it in reverse and then give it some throttle sometimes it also happens in drive at stop signs when i take off. Has anyone had this problem before. Is it a torque converter/tranny or motor problem? Thought i would ask , thanks

Does it shut off? or die under load///

There is a cam positioning sensor that malfunctions at times, it is an easy fix. A lot of guys have a spare in the glove box.

Try this forum: www.dieselstop.com

Another vote for CPS. They have gone down considerbly in price, I think they are around 25 bucks from the dealer (use to be over 100). Simple to change out, need a flat screwdriver, and a 10mm socket. I carry one in my glove box, and the tools needed to change it out. Many 7.3's have been stranded due to the cps, so not a bad idea to carry a spare. Also, check your fuel filter...

this may sound funny but check the tranny fluid.............my 95 ps would stall out when I put in gear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,took it to a shop, they found out that the tranny was low and the tourqe converter was locking up to fast..........filled up tranny and no more problems............

Premium Features

Back