• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 RMK Clicking Noise from track (HELP!!!)

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
So earlier this winter, we replaced the hifax on my 2000 rmk 700 (with a 151" track ext), and im not sure whats going on but ever since its had a loud clicking noise coming from the suspension toward the from of the track. It makes the clicking noise simultaneously as each window in the track goes by, so i suspect something there, but im not sure what to do.

Idk if this helps, but i want to add that weve replaced the hifax 3 times in its life and nothing else with the suspension

PLEASE HELP:face-icon-small-sad

S
Oct 6, 2010
mine is doing exact same thing, I have come to the conclusion I should have chamfered the rear corners of new hifax. I am to lazy to take suspension back out, clips are clicking on rear corner of hifax as they might be a fraction to long. I plan on running till they wear in. I will watch this thread closely to see what others reply as a solution.

R
Oct 15, 2011
washington
well i ahd the same issue from my 800 151" and i was told it was just the track ratcheting? i am no expert but asked around and tightened the track up and it was gone.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Did you use rail extensions? I have seen the rails and/or extensions click against the track clips as it raps around the boggies if the boggies are slide all the way forward.

Other thing to make sure of is that you got the spacers in correctly so the boggies line up correctly.

sled_guy

montanagrizzly

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2010
Polson, MT
I just replaced my hifax and had the same issue......Rode it anyways cause I knew the hifax were a lil thicker then the stock. after bout a mile with my fat azz on it the clicking stopped and my problem fixed! :)

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
mine is doing exact same thing, I have come to the conclusion I should have chamfered the rear corners of new hifax. I am to lazy to take suspension back out, clips are clicking on rear corner of hifax as they might be a fraction to long.

^^^X2 if you had to trim the ends of the hifax to fit. Another reason is that you may have made them a bit longer than previous so the track is trying to come up to go around the rear idlers already when it comes off the hifax.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
It's actually the front edge of the hyfax. When new they stick up a little higher than the plastic rail cap so the clips hit it when they go by. It wears off in a very short while and is no concern at all.

montanagrizzly

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2010
Polson, MT
Agreed thats what was with mine. Happens every time I put new faxes on! :)

It's actually the front edge of the hyfax. When new they stick up a little higher than the plastic rail cap so the clips hit it when they go by. It wears off in a very short while and is no concern at all.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska

What he said ^^^ That, and make sure to file or grind a taper on the back edge as well. Or, like was said also, just ignore it and it will go away as the track wears them down lol

Premium Features