• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 wheel kit and questions

D
May 18, 2009
S.W. Colorado
Im considering a 2 wheel kit for my rmk 600 144. does anybody know the pros and cons of doing this particular modification. i am always hearing mixed rewiews any imput can help me

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
I have an offset axle for 8" idlers that can be changed from 4 wheel to 2 wheel on the fly. The outer wheels unbolt in a matter of seconds (I have to pull the outer wheels off before I can loosen the axle to adjust track tension). Without the outer wheels, it works independently as a 2 wheel axle. I haven't tried it with just the inner 2 wheels yet, we haven't had much yet in the way of deep powder.

It's made by Performance Engineering & Machine. I got it from a guy on this forum.

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Sure if you ride hard packed trails and don't use scratchers. I have had mine off for 3 seasons and still on the same hyfax that had been on there for a couple years before that. I use my scratchers anytime I am not picking up much snow.

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
I have the holz and its amazing! Hi faxes actualy wear more evenly! Just run ice scratchers and ur good. plus what is a set of hi faxes $30?? who cares??

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
I ported my track too it flexes a ton with no problems. The best bonus's are that it flexes so the sled...

Lays over a little easier

Flat hooks up in harder pack cause there is more track on the snow

I would never go back!
I do kinda wish i would have done a big wheel kit too but the $50 kit from holz had the best directions of ANY MOD I HAVE EVER DONE! (< an hour to do everything)

That 4 wheel kit is an awsome idea!! I will probabaly do that next summer When i do my 162" Put all four wheels on when i run my hill climb races for streingth and when its just bottomless powder but take them off in packed snow conditions. If u got the money do that cause if u dont like the 2 wheel kit (but i know u will love it) Then one wrench and 5 min and its back to normal.

Premium Features