• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st time on an Alpha One

U
Jan 23, 2019
Disclaimer: I have only ridden on trails before and besides once this year (new to Utah) I had not ridden in over 25 years.

My local dealer in Heber City (Karl Malone Polaris) had a demo day so I made an appointment and rode today. I rode the 8000 Alpha One 154 and it was amazing, loved it. I did have a short stint on the RMK 850 155 as well and it was great too, but the Alpha One just was more maneuverable in the trees (yeah I got to ride trees) in some pretty deep powder (over the skis quite a bit).

Sadly, I was wearing knee braces on both knees after messing up both LCL’s in January so I was not able to chuck my weight from side to side as much as I would have liked.

The Alpha was definitely easier to maneuver in the tight trees and seemed to turn better than the RMK.

I got to ride about 2 miles on a groomed trial as well and it was better than expected from what I had heard on the interwebz.

Ok, that is it from the newbie.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
not a newbie, but i think your unbiased opinion hit at the center of the new love affair with the alpha, it's easy to ride and and lot of fun, not to mention a very capable sled.......my day was a sixty-five mile solo ride in mostly moderate terrain, usually within less than a mile away from a summertime road so i can be easier to find....stopped by one of the local hill climb places, probably 15 or so riders on various, mostly 1-2 year old sleds of all makes except yamaha....as i watched, most everyone tried to climb a steep, medium long hill covered in two feet of fresh over about 8' base with some trees to make it interesting....as i watched, no one tried the obviously more difficult track thru the trees where the snow was deepest, more shaded, and no poaching tracks to get started...with nothing to lose except the stigma of biting off more than i was capable of, i launched up the hill....the alpha did it's thing, staying on top, on power band, negotiating the trees as necessary, making me look better than i really am, yup, that's what i like most about the alpha....:face-icon-small-ton....and i'm leaning towards snochecking another....:face-icon-small-hap

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Disclaimer: I have only ridden on trails before and besides once this year (new to Utah) I had not ridden in over 25 years.

My local dealer in Heber City (Karl Malone Polaris) had a demo day so I made an appointment and rode today. I rode the 8000 Alpha One 154 and it was amazing, loved it. I did have a short stint on the RMK 850 155 as well and it was great too, but the Alpha One just was more maneuverable in the trees (yeah I got to ride trees) in some pretty deep powder (over the skis quite a bit).

Sadly, I was wearing knee braces on both knees after messing up both LCL’s in January so I was not able to chuck my weight from side to side as much as I would have liked.

The Alpha was definitely easier to maneuver in the tight trees and seemed to turn better than the RMK.

I got to ride about 2 miles on a groomed trial as well and it was better than expected from what I had heard on the interwebz.

Ok, that is it from the newbie.
We went up today too, and tried out their snow bikes! Didn't get a chance to hop on the Alpha, but those snow bikes sure are fun!! :D

Premium Features