• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1st ride

H

HOOCH256

Well first ride out on the stage 2 ProClimb and def having tuning issues, it ran alright in the boost maybe a lil rich but cruising down the trail it would hit 1200 around 5500 rpm no problems but once playing it was alright, never stayed pinned long enough to see them climb, but I was getting a slight lean bog down low/mid when I'm in and out of the throttle. If anyone has any input I'd be all ears. Elevation was low couldnt break over 5000 was between 4-5k

Settings
50/50 pump/av
32:1 redline
Fuel 36PSI
7psi
Y 2, 2.5
G 2, 2.5
R 5
GB 4.5
YB 4.5
RB 5

I would raise fuel pressure to 40 and lean out grn/blu accordingly. Midrange at lower boost levels is more sensitive to fuel pressure.

Looking at your numbers, elevation and assuming you dont have any mechanical issues I would say you are having a rich bog not a lean bog..... I turn my red fuel all the way off unless I am going to be cruising down a trail for awhile..even then I leave it off most of the time... Only turn it on for long rides on the trial to cover the lean spot these motors have right when the power valves are opening...... You also have your switchpoint for the red fuel at 5 which would have it turning on right in your midrange where you are having issues. If it were me I would turn your red fuel down or off. Here is what I run at that alt to get you close.

On the Hill:

G-2
Y-2
R-Off
GB Start at 6 and work down until she cleans up and runs crisp in and out of throttle. Check Egt on WOT pull.
YB-4
RB-3 - set this at 3 so when you turn your red fuel on for cruising down the trail this is already set and turns your main jet on in those low cruising rpms....

Down the Trail:

I turn my red on to about 3-4.

I am in Kalispell all the time.... Let me know if you wanna ride sometime....

I would turn your Fuel pressure up a titch as well as Spoon mentioned 38-40.

Whimp

Thanks for the input fellas, quick question about fuel pressure...what exactly does raising or lowering do in terms of rich, lean? Does it lean it up to turn it down?

Also it's got a high idle, will be like 3k until I blip it then settles to like 2-2300 any way to adjust that?

Fuel pressure richens or leans your very bottom end, before the controller takes over. It does affect the entire fuel curve to some extend as well. Higher fuel pressure of course gives it more fuel and richens it up and lower pressure leans it out. Different programs are designed to run different fuel pressures, so I would run whatever your kit makers recommends.

Last edited:
I'd say rich bog for sure too. Mine does climb into the 1200 on trail but jus turn up G an Y for trailer. I ran 35psi , G-1 Y-2 R-3 GB-2.5. I've had slight rich bog with on/off boost. So did a bit of testing at home with 32-33 psi an seemed better. Mite have to adjust each other one up .5 er something once back in Revy for good testing.

turn up fuel pressure

shoud be about 40- 41 at idle. I always have to richen my green at low alt. mine is set at 3 at 4, 000 feet, then down to 2 at above 5500, the m series you could adjust idle, not sure about PC- I would think so. should be about 1700-1800 once off the choke.

I will be trying all this stuff tomorrow! What temp should a guy start getting out of the throttle?

All depends on probe location but I set my alarm at 1250 an that's usually what she runs up too on a good pull. With 11.9 AF an good wash so I'm not worried. And got 1000 miles on boost with those numbers an all looks good.

Sometimes spikes 1350 on trail for short time an all good there too.

I need to clarify- my kit is Twisted- may be too much pressure for Cutler kit

I just Know Mine is perfect at 41 psi at idle on my Twisted kit. Sorry - my bad -should of clarified

Well took her out again yesterday and she ran pretty good, was only running 5psi and couldn't keep the front end down with that 3", that being said I still had a few bogs noticed what seemed to be a lean bog when I was in and out of the throttle before boost came on. And the othe bog was sometimes I'd punch it and sound like it was loading up but would clear up as soon as it hit full boost. Was running 37psi, G2, Y2, R1, GB5, RB3 and weirdest thing I cannot get into the YB mode it's like it's not there on the box???

I will say for the most part it ran like a raped ape but I need suspension now cause its just plum out of control

Do u have the pump gas actuator then?? Cuz I've found with the high boost actuator if you try an loosen the rod enough to run anything less then 8 lbs it dosent work good at all.

Boost

Green blue seems aweful high? I am running 7 lbs 6-9000' and my g/b is 2.5.
G1.5-y2.5-r2-g/b 2.5. I would get your fuel pressure adjusted so green mode is perfect about 1-1.5, then start tuning. I adjusted mine so snappy in the trees then started adjusting from there. Snopro69 really helped me out.

Ya hooch ur numbers r way off. I know each machine is dif. But at 12lbs I run lower numbers then that. Try 35 psi. G-1 Y-2 R-3. GB-2.5

Ya I'm running the pump gas actuator. Well sounds like my numbers a touch high then, it def did smell a lil fat on the bottom. Just wish I had more time before I go back to work.

Also what's everyone's thoughts on why the YB mode disappeared???

That I would give dale a call about. Something actin up. And with that who knows if it's fueling right. Does the YB mode still come on a work wen ur riding??

That I would give dale a call about. Something actin up. And with that who knows if it's fueling right. Does the YB mode still come on a work wen ur riding??

Ya I see yellow lights count up and the blue light is on as well

Premium Features

Back