• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 Summit X low altitude jetting

J
Oct 25, 2008
Waupaca, WI
hey everyone i just moved back to wisconsin from idaho:(, i ended up taking my sled with me and i need to know the jetting specs for sea level, if someone could please help, no dealers around here will help me at all and i really dont know anyone. the stock jets from out west are 340 PTO and 350 MAG. Also has DPM, but does it compensate for that much in altitude change?

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Also looking for an aftermarket silencer for it (side dump)

S

snowfreakmn

Nov 27, 2007
I use to ride my 98 X around MN with stock set up Just clicker down. A primary spring change won't hurt.

D

Dsurion

Nov 7, 2008
Saskatchewan, Canada
No need for jetting changes, the DPM does all the work. I used to have a 98 x, and rode it at sea level and in mountains. Like someone else posted... its all in the clutch. just make sure you are not over revvvvvvin'...

J
Oct 25, 2008
Waupaca, WI
thanks guys i really cant believe how the dealers around here wont help you out much, they all just want your money!!! ill be at warm lake in idaho right outside of cascade in february for a week, if anyone wants to go let me know we'll make some plans, i know my way around the whole area, best place for fresh untracked deep snow!!!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Thats the beauty of altitude compensators.

Unless you screw with the factory setup like my old 98X with a Union Bay adjustable dome head, BOOM at 2,500'!:mad:

Don't blame the kid behind the counter, it's the shop that saved a dime hiring him or her for their looks.

N

NDflatlander

Nov 21, 2007
Jamestown, ND
The DPM will take care of it. It's been a long time since I've done any clutching work on my 99, but I was switching the spring, ramps and clicker, and letting 'er rip.

Premium Features