• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1998 summit x 670

M

MissoulaZ28

Feb 3, 2010
What do you guys think about a 1998 ski-doo summit-x 670, I know a guy with one for sale with 2500 miles for $1700, not sure if its a good deal or not.

I broke my indy sks and am wanting to upgrade to something that will last me for a while. Anything to look for on the summit to watch out for, problem areas etc.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
One of my most favorite sleds to date, had one and put on 5000 miles on it before I retired it and put it to rest. I kept it completely stock except clutching and the track. Was one on the better sleds of the day, would keep up to 800s all day long.

Few things to do to it

1. Longer track with a 3" suspension setback, I'd do a 151.
2. Put a Arctic Cat secondary on it.
3. Do the carb update to 99 and you'll have less flooding issues and starting, they were a bugger to start if tipped upside down or sideways.

IMO, they'll still keep up with a lot of the newer stuff today. GREAT SLED!

M

MissoulaZ28

Feb 3, 2010
Went and looked at the sled today, everything on it is in great shape, has closer to 3000 miles on it, the guy that has it put the last 1500 on it and hasn't had a single problem except for a recoil issue that got replaced. It started first pull and hasn't been ridden this year that I know of, so its looking good. Does the $1700 sound like to much or is that about the right price? I know everything around here is priced a little high, but that's expected.

L
Mar 13, 2008
I just sold my 97 670...it seems like the price is a tad high for the miles. If its in really great shape maybe so, but I would think $1500 is about right for one in real good shape.

They are a bastard if you roll them over.
Running boards need some work if you want to keep your feet on em
Love the motor though.

Premium Features