• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

19/43?

I

IndoubtGASIT

Has anyone gone to a 19/43 gearing on a 700 edge? I'm at a 19/42 right now and it is pretty tight in there. I am wondering if anyone has done it to see if it is possible. Thanks

Ok, i'm gonna run the 42 and see how it slings the 162 track, but if it doesn't do the job, i'll throw in a 43. Thanks guys

U can run a 18 top as well....never had any problems with any 18 I have run...just watch chain a bit more

I agree I really like how they run geared down. The only reason I would go from my 42 to a 43 is my sled is a 700. It's got some mods and has plenty of power but 162 is a lot of track..

I have 2 '04 edge sleds. They are 700s with 159s. (Piped, ported, head, reeds, etc.) I run a 19/43 (2.26) on one and a 18/40 (2.22) on the other. They pull real hard. I think you would like the 43 with a 162 track.

Wayne

I'm going out this weekend just for a first run on the roads just to get out, then i'm going to switch to the 43 before the snow gets deep. Does anyone have a 43 bottom gear that they are looking to get rid of?? Shoot me a PM!

When I put the 144" 2" track under my 700 switchback (came with a 1/1/4) I put 19/43 in. Lost 30mph on top but pulls like no other. I'm trying to put a 162" challenger 2" under and everone thinks I'm set up for it. Let me know how it pulls on long hills and shoots between the trees.

I got it out on the trail and it did run good with the 42, but I've decided to go with a 43. Does anyone have a 43 I could buy from them??? I need one PM me!!

Premium Features

Back