• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

18+ shocks into 2014 162 skid

S

snowcannon

Aug 20, 2015
Shuswap, BC
I spent quite a bit of time searching, but couldn't find a clear answer. Can I put shocks from a 2018 skid onto my 2014 skid? Both 162. I think the link rod needs to be lengthened and new (lower?) mounting holes drilled for the center shock. Is that correct? Any adverse effects of doing this?
I want to swap out my float 2's for float 3 evol's to make the trail ride less brutal. And there seems to be way more of those shocks from 16+ & 18+ skids available.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You'll definitely need a different pull rod for the rear. Not sure of the years they changed the rails and front shock mount. Some of the guys with 2013-2018 sleds should know for sure.

The QS3 shocks that came on the mountain cats aren't evol chambers (they're better IMO). I took the evols that came on my 2016 LTD off and put the non evol ones on. I like them much better.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The front track shock is longer on the 2016+ skids to go with the revised rail profile in the front. Bolting it in directly might cause track stab issues. May be able to drill a new hole in the rail further back and lay the shock down more for it to fit. This will make the shock softer though.

Premium Features