• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

174 track on edge?

question for all you edge guys-can i put on a 174'' 15''wide 3.00 pitch track under my 03 verticle escape without drop and roll chaincase? i have stock tunnel with stock 159 suspension moved back about 1'' i know i would have to swap drivers but is there enough room for the 2.5'' track it looks like i only have about 1/2'' now with my 159x2 1/4 track thanks for your input:beer;

You can put the 174 x 2.5 on it with out doing a D&R. But if you decide to do it get the 16" wide version. You'll have to run smaller (7 tooth) Drivers but it will clear.

On my Edge i ft a 174" 16" 2.5" 3"pitch with a drop and roll and 7 tooth drivers! 8 tooth rubbed even with the D&R.. Do it right and D&R it! I know it is a ton of work but if you are a good fabricator you do not need a template!:beer;

Who makes the 7 tooth drivers in a 3 inch pitch that fits the edge shaft?

Who makes the 7 tooth drivers in a 3 inch pitch that fits the edge shaft?

www.avid-products.com

This will allow you to run 2.5 but it's tight, I have run this setup for 3 seasons now. I wish I would have gone with AVIDs new chain case and run the bigger drivers. 7t are pretty darn small and track angle is pretty steep.

1/2 inch smaller in diameter, that's actually quite a bit when you're wrapping a track around them. They also do change your track angle quite a bit...take a look at a stock edge then one like mine with 7t.

Holz

does not make them anymore, just do some research. I know there is a few places still making them but if you are good at measuring and cutting some metal just figure it out yourself! 5/8" back and 5/8" down is a good start, just remember you C2C on your clutch's

Premium Features

Back