• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

144 to a 156?

can anyone tell me what all i need to do to exted my 04 switchback 700 144 to a 156 such as what size rail extension, tunnel extension, any gearing or clutching i would have to do, the track i wanna put on is a 2 inch paddle.thanks

You will need rail extensions, tunnel extension, maybe depending on how long your tunnel is already. you can get the rail extensions and tunnel extension at tracksusa, they probably are the most inexspensive. A 2 inch paddle track might night clear the front coolers but not sure, and you probably wouldnt have to change gearing or clutchimg, but not sure on that either.

No need for rail extensions, I did a 144 to 156 a couple years ago and went with Mountaina Machine Products rail extensions. Everything was way to tight, was a half hour project to get the track on. If you look at your rails you'll see you have several holes for the rear sissor arm. You can slide the rail's back and then slide the whole rear susspension back 1.5 inches. Did it this fall to gain clearance for the extrovets. If you want i have picture. Will need to run a big wheel kit to help "suck" up some track length, also need some new gears.

Premium Features

Back