• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1100T Cooke City New Sled Riding Review

At least three friends?

I already bought the sled!!

Hilly, I'm sorry.

Did I ever tell you guys how much I admire you? You sure can ride.

Owen, no more bashin' for me.

O

I knew it would not take long for you to chime in,,,,,,,, but frankly you are right...... During this trip I walked over to his room and saw him coming out of the bathroom freshly out of the shower......:face-icon-small-fro

It about blinded me for life

Something about a "button on a fur coat" comes to mind...... DOH!!! LOL

Not pretty

Please keep those pictures on your iPhone and do not post here.

I haven't heard anyone else complain about the darting on the trail, so I though maybe it was just my setup. I couldn't agree more. Damn thing is all over the place on the trail. I have never ridded a sled that darted and jumped around so much.

Funny thing is, when you drive it hard into a turn, it tracks like it is on rails.

Overall, I love it, but it does have some quirky characterstics. I think more seat time will help with most of them.

Not many pics, especially of the 1100T

Got the Gopro going and as soon as I can figure out how to playback the videos (I see them on the memory card but I cannot get them to play on the camera or on the PC), I will post those.

A buddy of mine was shadowing me on his PC8 with his gopro on, and we were going up thhrough trees, he got a great video of me WFO on a step uphill picking around trees and roosting the heck out of his camera as he is ducking to avoid getting roosted.

Watched that vid from his camera, and as soon as I get it from him, I will youtube it.....

any video of he roostin 1100t yet :tea:

Must be set up on the darting issue. I can't believe how well this thing works on the trail. I just need to Figure out how to ride it in the hills. Really different than my m that I was use to Riding

It sounds like Jeff needs to take some wieght.......

off the skis. Nose diving and darting on the trail. Maybe less presure in the front end shocks.
I know there's a post here somewhere about actually moving the bars back and standing or sitting farther back. With that big engine up there, maybe it's time to move back in the saddle a little.

Owen

I couldnt agree more with your review

Great review!!!!!
This sled needs a vetical steering post badly!!!!!
I also think the bars need to be back a couple of inches!!!!!
I wish cat would have put wider skis on the 1100!!!!!

Engine braking is a thing of the past......

It seemed like on my sled the clutch would break free and free wheel unless you kept the rpm's up..... (Other 1100T guys can probably chime in and give a better description of what happens)

No more engine braking than a two stroker, and I think there is less actually once it free wheels....
yes, the thing does freewheel bad going downhill.. you would think it has something to do with the clutching... I've asked around several times and nobody seems to know the solution to this...

yes, the thing does freewheel bad going downhill.. you would think it has something to do with the clutching... I've asked around several times and nobody seems to know the solution to this...

Frankly, I dont care that it freewheels, thats what the brake is for........

It acts like a two stroker when you match the RPM's to the track speed......

for me, freewheeling is not an issue, it lets me decide how much to brake or if to brake downhill.....

Another thing about this sled that I really like (And I didnt think I would care) is the seat warmer.....

There were a few times at the end of the day where we stopped on the trail to make cell phone calls and the sun waas going down and a chill set in. Flip that seat warmer on and it really warmed you up very nicely.....

Not an option that I would have paid for, but it came with the sled and I really like it.

Must be set up on the darting issue. I can't believe how well this thing works on the trail. I just need to Figure out how to ride it in the hills. Really different than my m that I was use to Riding

off the skis. Nose diving and darting on the trail. Maybe less presure in the front end shocks.
I know there's a post here somewhere about actually moving the bars back and standing or sitting farther back. With that big engine up there, maybe it's time to move back in the saddle a little.

I am running a tick under 100 psi on the front shocks. I think 85 might be my number instead. Probably why I am darting so much.

This is a great sled, but don't get it stuck! Heavy. However, on the steering side, I like the steering as is with a little adjustment; i needed to get a 2 in longer post and leaned it more vertical so that it doesn't sway so far down towards my knees. This was the same for my XP.
I also got the knee pads. No more bruised knees. They also help with a place to squeeze the knees together.
I am not sure about the skis yet. I have never had the wider skis and don't know how much they will help for the price.

Snow Flap

One other thing I forgot to mention and dislike is the snow flap not quite sure what cat was thinking here. On a mountain sled only being able to get one hand on each side of the bumper, not being able to use the entire rear bumper when stuck for lifting with a buddy. Anyways heres my new snow flap got it from www.provendesignproducts.com it allows multiple hands for liftng, and with this sled you need them.

Flap 1.jpg Flap 2.jpg

Premium Features

Back