• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1.75" Track Fitment?

I am extending my 00' xcsp 440 to a 136". Will a 1.75" lug clear without any mods? If I do need to make any changes can someone get me started in the right direction. Thanks

Track

That machine has a 7.92 chain case which will give you plenty of clearance. Problem will be the tunnel coolers. They are about 1 1/4 tall and the paddles will probably rub. Easiest fix is to notch the track to clear them. Cat had a stock track that was this way. Not sure how big of a notch you would need. I am guessing half an inch. Probably need to use a hot nail to punch a hole in the bottom corner of the notch to keep it from tearing. Then cut with knife or even a die grinder. Lots of work and stink. Other option is a U cooler or addition of running board edge coolers and possibly a Gen II rear cross over cooler although the 440 may cool with just the stock front cooler and the running board coolers.

DAMN! I was affraid of that. I have a nice dremel so hopefully the notching will go well. Also its a 600 liberty swap so I think that it probably needs the tunnel coolers. What excatly does the 7.92" mean? Where does that measurement come from? Anyone with any good track notching info please speak your mind. I need all the tips and hints I can get! And thank you BB454 for responding.

A sharp set of tin snips works well to notch a track as well. That is how I did the last one I had to notch. Camoplast does sell a 136 that is already notched for the coolers. Check out tracksusa's web site for the part# and pricing. Great track too. Hooks up well in both powder and on the trail.

Thanks for that info. I wish I had researched this a little bit more before I started shopping! Needless to say I have a lot of trimming ahead of me. Atleast the track was cheap enough.

I ride an 04 pro xr 800 with a 136 set up and a 1.75 track. I had to notch the track 1/2". I used a die grinder and a very good 3M breather, it STINKS!! You have to use something that will burn or grind away so you dont leave ANY slits what so ever or the track is junk!! Using something to cut the track is no good, unless you burn every corner!!

I talked to the guys at TRacks USA, very knowledgable!!

Other then that, good to go, havent ridden it yet but it fits up good!

a friend of mine did this to a 600 121" he set back the skid and bought a 136" x 1.75 just like u ill ask him what he did.

Awesome. Thanks for your help guys! Keep the info flowing. I have a nice new dremel tool so I think I am going to search for a good bit for cutting rubber. Thanks again!

Premium Features

Back