• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 xp head work?

F
Nov 28, 2007
I have a 09 xp all stock with a hps can. I would like to have my stock head cut instead of buying a after market one. who would you guys suggest and what do i need done. I would still like to run pump fuel above 6000 ft.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
We cut some in-house. You have to pretty radically mill a stock head to get a gain in compression worth talking about because you have to recut the squish as you go.

Our radically cut heads with a slightly altered shape produced similar output to aftermarket heads and saved on some issues.

Most people will tell you to go with an aftermarket head. Im not sure of anyone that you can send the stocker too and have a good mod done...

Jake

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
We cut some in-house. You have to pretty radically mill a stock head to get a gain in compression worth talking about because you have to recut the squish as you go.

Our radically cut heads with a slightly altered shape produced similar output to aftermarket heads and saved on some issues.

Most people will tell you to go with an aftermarket head. Im not sure of anyone that you can send the stocker too and have a good mod done...

Jake

We offer what we call our "Cheater Head" where we take your stock head and machine it to accept our custom domes.. It looks 100% stock from the outside but underneath is is all custom..

Works great and adds some great power as well..

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
We offer what we call our "Cheater Head" where we take your stock head and machine it to accept our custom domes.. It looks 100% stock from the outside but underneath is is all custom..

Works great and adds some great power as well..

That sounds pretty good. Does it work with the domes that you use in your hemi head or a custom dome just for this??

Jake

F
Nov 28, 2007
any other comments on this. was hoping not to spend 300.00 dollars that is why i wanted to use my head but maybe this will not work?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
any other comments on this. was hoping not to spend 300.00 dollars that is why i wanted to use my head but maybe this will not work?

I offer machined stockers for guys on a budget...

$195 shipped for specific altitude cut on stock head...BJ

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Dont skimp on machine work. You definitley get what you pay for. Either leave it stock or buy a quality head.

Reactions: RKT
Premium Features