• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 JDRF walk Tacoma WA help us find a cure

S
Nov 26, 2007
OLYMPIA,WA
This will be our 2nd walk after our Daughter was diagnosed on 7/7/07.
She is 9 now and an advid snowmobiler.Last year we build a sled for her with the help of our fellow Snowester's.
Now we come to ask for your help in finding a cure for this horrible disease.
She is a type1 diabetic which means that she is insulin dependent and can not survive without insulin.
As a lil girl it is a lot to manage, she always need to be monitoring her blood glucose by finger pricks up to 20 times a day (ouch), counting carbs and delivering insulin by injections up to 6 times a day. It is a constant battle to control.
It seems like its taken over her childhood in a sense.
Please make a donation in her name.
Visit http://walk.jdrf.org/ and type in TEAM MADI then select Washington state. ANY amount no matter how large or small is greatly appreciated..

Thanks again
Snowman

S
Nov 26, 2007
OLYMPIA,WA
is this sarcasm? couldnt really tell. I rebuild a 93 phazer with help from Krazyken who donated a tunnel and freeagent(michelle)who damn near gave us everything to build a new sled . simmons donated a pair of gen 1 skis that Brad Story (thanks for the autographed copy of ts) brought to us at the puyallup snowshow.There were other members who I cant remember who donated parts etc sorry.
we needed a replacement sled for her 120 that she outgrew.
I did all the labor with madi's help.we replaced the clutches, carbs with tm34's,skis,tunnel, suspension,long track to 136 1.5, piped it. replaced all the cables, battery and ignition I sure theres more i am forgetting.
I will post pic's as soon as I can figure out a way to resize the pics to fit..anyone know of a program i can use to resize the pics without doing it online? download?

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
is this sarcasm?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh heck no! lol

Not sure how that could be sarcasm.. but you don't know me and I don't know you. My bad for being short and to the point! lol

I'll rephrase. I think that a 9 year old sledchick KICKSASSSSSSS! And think that pics of her on a sled that this wonderful forum helped you and her out with would also KICKASSSSSSSSSSS! lol :cool:

Hopefully my excitement (of such a great thing) is more transparent in this statement. :) :beer;

Resizing pics - if you have Microsoft Picture Manager you can resize and compress them with that program. :)

Premium Features