• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09" Dragon 800 upgrade kit??

C

Cpt.Ron

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a new 2009 "carry-over sled", a 800 RMK Dragon, 163". I am hearing that there is, or was, an update kit for the 09's, to bring them up to the same specs as the 2010's.

Can anyone confirm this, and if so, what all was inlcuded in this upgrade kit, how would a person know if a particular sled had received the kit.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am looking at purchasing a new 2009 "carry-over sled", a 800 RMK Dragon, 163". I am hearing that there is, or was, an update kit for the 09's, to bring them up to the same specs as the 2010's.

Can anyone confirm this, and if so, what all was inlcuded in this upgrade kit, how would a person know if a particular sled had received the kit.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

have the dealer do the update before you buy it...it consist of new 2 ring pistons, head, and an ecu reflash.all 08 and 09 800 cfi engines get the update....

Hi AK Sno rider, thanks for the info, yes, I was planning on having the dealer do this, I just wanted to hear about the kit from another source, rather than just the Salesman.

I am suprised that Polaris went away from 2 ring pistons, all mine have had 2 rings, must have been recent thing??

The ECU flash, ..is this good or bad?? I have heard stories where a sled goes to the Dealer for an ECU flash, and it comes back "de-tuned".

Any input here is great, I am just wary and not overly trusting of any of the OEM's anymore.

Thanks again.

Hi AK Sno rider, thanks for the info, yes, I was planning on having the dealer do this, I just wanted to hear about the kit from another source, rather than just the Salesman.

I am suprised that Polaris went away from 2 ring pistons, all mine have had 2 rings, must have been recent thing??

The ECU flash, ..is this good or bad?? I have heard stories where a sled goes to the Dealer for an ECU flash, and it comes back "de-tuned".

Any input here is great, I am just wary and not overly trusting of any of the OEM's anymore.

Thanks again.

I have 2 very good sources who have been messing with this update since middle of last winter..both said it fixes the runability/reliability issues that have been going on with the 800 cfi....the problem with the single ring pistons they came with is they couldnt get rid of enough dome heat and the piston would swell and touch the cylinder..polaris kept adding clearence and it compounded the problem with piston rock..also to get by the epa they had to lean the midrange so much that at 1 spot in the midrange you could scuff pistons in about 50 ft. at part throttle..from what I am hearing power/reliability/runnability are all there now..alot of guys should be real happy this year....

Premium Features

Back