• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 800 dragon update

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
Well took my sled in last thursday and got it back tonight. Sound's good I took a compression test before it went in it had 120 psi both side and now it has 110 psi i hpoe the hell it come's up when the ring's get seated. Also the dealer told me to only ad a pint of polaris blue to full tank of gas the book say's full quart. what are some of the opinion's out there.:face-icon-small-hap

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I would guess the compression will come up 3-5 psi when rings seat..as for the oil..a pint should do it..mainly the premix is to protect the motor in case the oil pump has an air bubble or some other fluke..just keep a watch on the oil tank on the first ride and make sure it is using oil from the tank....I think a lot of people are going to be surprised on how good these dragons run now.....(compression is good..but if too much compression is getting the motor into det or hotspotting pistons..it hurts power big time...the high alt guys will most likely want more compression but with both previous updates mine was right on the edge from sea level to 6000 ft...I think less compression with more timing may do more on these sleds then the big compression with light timing...from what I am hearing the new map is pushing the timing pretty good..which is why the deto light got turned on now as well as the deto response being so aggresive..

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
I just had read where some had 120 psi and after the update they were like 130 to 135 psi. My only concern is i do ride at high elevation 4500 to 9500 feet so the higher that i ride the more power i will lose. Maybe i'am wrong but that is the way i understand it.

Reactions: AKSNOWRIDER

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
I've checked a bunch and have not seen a 125plus after the update even with motors that are heat soaked a few times. AK said it best and tests show that the low comp head puts out more hp that would be at low or high el. if you start with more hp and start going high you should have a relative hp at elevation all things staying the same 150 hp to 130 then 160 to 140
( not exact)

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
There may be a slight power loss at high alt, but I don't think you need to be loosing sleep over it. Should be very minimal and curable by milling the head. I think Polaris has made these reliable which is what we wanted first and foremost. We can pull a couple more HP out of them ourselves. ;)

IDPOLARIS

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Blackfoot Idaho
Thank's for all the input i just want to still be able to kick my buddy's but this year like all the rest. if you look at my signature you will see what i have road till this year now the d8 he ride a 04 800 rev that is all .

Premium Features