• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 XP 1100 miles - What to check this summer???

mac

Lifetime Membership
Just looking to tap into the wisdom and know-how of the group here. I have an 08 XP SummitX 800 146 with 1100 miles, HPS can, and some minor clutch tuning (nothing major). I love the way it runs, climbs, handles, and all the rest. No real complaints.

I'm just wondering, since I'm gonna keep it another year maybe two - what I need to make sure and have looked at, checked, measured, inspected, changed or whatever so that I can continue to the enjoy this machine without concerns.

Please share.

i have the same sled, and what i have found with mine is all the Y pipe bolts come loose, i had the rear PTO motor mount bolt break, i would check your track tension, grease the suspension, change your chain case oil, service your primary if you like, or at least blow it out with air, clean the faces of your clutch's with some scotch brite. thats my checklist

chain tension, primary clutch bushings (800R seems to eat then like tic-tacs),....as well as what was already mentioned.

Premium Features

Back