• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Duramax Problem

Liv4snow

Premium Member
Has anyone else had problems with new exhaust regeneration system. I have 6500 miles on mine and it has been in the shop for 10 days for some stupid sensor in the cooling tube in the exhaust

Go with a aftermarket exhaust system if you don`t have air care in your area.It will remove Diesel particulate filter in the exhaust as well as the cat.I think this will be the best idea since the PDF system is considered a wear item and will need to be replaced in the future at a considerable cost.My .02 cents

In theory yes.Depends what your dealer is like.I would ask if they would install aftermarket exhausts?I know they sell a cat delete pipe in there own performance catolgs which is a modification that I assume they would warranty?Why not a complete system?Feel it out with them they my be happy to help you out to get your truck back to you?

x2...going to do my 07.5 at some point with exhaust and EFI live or a handheld programmer. Check out this forum for tons of info on the regen problems with the new trucks

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum

I would keep the complete stock exhaust so that you can reinstall if you need to go to the dealer for warranty work. The programming can be returned to stock as well.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back