• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 700 rmk mods

stick with the stock single pipe and a can. i put an slp single on mine with a 174 you woulda thought for sure you would of noticed the increase with the heavy track no such luck. ive never tried it but the powercommander seems like very good product i would get that, or a challenger extreme if your in powder alot. stock polaris track is worthless in powder or any kind of deep snow.

Get a can, and LOTS of vents. That's all I'm doing this year, should be better than last year I'm hoping. Or it will just sound a lot cooler than last year. :cool: I would get the power commander, or something of that nature to lean it down, they run a little rich.

looking for good quality effective mods for my stock 08 700 rmk. From prairies but often ride in Revelstoke and area.

I have a 2007 D-7, 3700 trouble free miles, my bud has the identical sled, 2500 trouble-free miles. At the risk of being accused of getting a free PC III from DYNOJET:rolleyes:, (not true, BTW) I'll still stand by "the PC III is the best mod you can do to the D-7 for $365.00 PERIOD!:cool:

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK MODS

PC III from Jim @ DYNOTECH, $365.00 w/MAPPING INCLUDED (www.dynotechresearch.com) (585) 993-2777 I'm @ 5-10% LEANER on top, RICHER in the mid-range, that dreaded 5000 r.p.m. flat spot is GONE. The 2008 models were supposedly 5% RICHER than the 2007's so you may be able to go leaner, but that's your call. After the install of the PC III, it's the first time my plugs had any color on 'em other than black.:face-icon-small-hap

SLP push arm (part # 23-63) $47.95, installs on the MAG side, (2) holes to drill, 20 minute installation time

ALMOST FREE MODS
1) I checked the engine belt/alignment and center to center, (c/c was fine) offset alignment (engine crooked) mine and my bud's were WAY off, removed the engine and slotted the MAG side engine bracket an unbelieveable 1/4" to 3/8" to get it straight. And yes the tools I used are good and straight, I actually triple checked them plus used Slp and a GENUINE GOLD PLATED POLARIS tools, same end result. Other guys on H.C.S. reported similar problems.

2) Check your belt to primary sheave side clearance with a new belt, set it at .010" to .015" (mine was .070" from the factory) and here's a quote from Indy Dan (Oct 10, 2009) "This also illustrates why belt to clutch side clearance in the primary and keeping your clutches in tune are so critical. As the primary slams against the belt with too much clearance, it acts as a "slide hammer" and can wreck havoc on the crank."

3) Lightly sand (w/180 grit) your clutches (primary and secondary) perpendicular to the way the belt rides and wipe down with lacquer thinner.

4) Wash/scrub your new belt w/soap and water and let dry, sounds weird but it removes the mold release compound that would otherwise get smeared all over your brand new clutches.

5) Install brand new clutch springs at the start of the season, EVERY season

6) Install a DELRIN washer (approx $3.00) under the spring cup in the secondary, ONLY ONE!!!!!!

7) Plug the purge hoses coming off your exhaust valves, this will cause the valves to open sooner (like the 2001-2004 sleds) and acceleration will definitely improve.

8) Install a shut-off (available @ hardware store 1/4" pipe to 1/4" barb) onto the backside of the P.T.O. cylinder head where the coolant line heats up the throttle bodies, the 2007 Ski-Doo 800's came from the factory with this.

9) Run your chain a little looser, get it to where it almost touches the back of the chain case by pushing on it.

10) Oil pump setting, mine was 37:1 ratio from the factory, I adjusted the 10mm nuts down by the oil pump (Yeah a P.I.T.A. ) 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 turns and it's @ 57:1 for the last 1200 miles. Picture of oil pump posted below, small horizontal mark stamped on arm (3:00 positon) should line up with short horizontal mark on the red dot protruding out from the case AS A STARTING POINT. If the pic is not on this post, look under the thread topic "08 700 MODS" I posted it there approx 2 weeks ago.

DEBATEABLE
I installed the SLP big horn air kit + (4) flo-rites, didn't notice any gain.

WASTE OF $$$$$$ AND YOUR TIME
1) I did the V-force reeds, maybe slightly more responsive on it's best day, NOT worth the $$$$$$$ and installation time.

2) DITTO for aftermarket cans, ZERO performance gain.

PIPES AND DYNO TESTS
DYNOTECH JIM tested (xc8 on H.C.S.) 2008 DRAGON 700 on New Year's day, tried the SLP pipe, minimal gain ONCE THE FUEL CONTROLLER WAS OPTIMIZED FOR EACH PIPE SET-UP, they re-installed the stock pipe and the aftermarket pipe was up for sale.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back