• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 09 or 10 Phazer Questions

N
Nov 27, 2007
Kapowsin, WA
I am looking at a Phazer MTX for my wife. Never had a yammer so I have some questions. Basically, what are the differences between the 08, 09 or 10. I see that the tunnel is different (the hole is closed up and less plastic trim). Is there anything other than that where I should look at one of the years above the others?

Thanks in advance.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I am no phazer expert, but did just buy one myself, so here is a little info I have.
The 07 to 08 year had the biggest changes and once you got into the 09 they had pretty much everything updated that they felt needed to be. Most of the 07's got the updates and I do not think it was anything major....Tunnel close off, help for the cooling system were the major changes I think.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in to fill in the gaps to my info.

kirk

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I am no phazer expert, but did just buy one myself, so here is a little info I have.
The 07 to 08 year had the biggest changes and once you got into the 09 they had pretty much everything updated that they felt needed to be. Most of the 07's got the updates and I do not think it was anything major....Tunnel close off, help for the cooling system were the major changes I think.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in to fill in the gaps to my info.

kirk

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
there are pretty minimal changes to the phazer, just trim and updates, i had an 07 and the updates weren;t really a big deal except for me the recall they had on air screen clips inside the airbox, one of mine came loose and went through the engine, the day before our annual feb trip.

pretty much all updates were done for 07's and fixed for 08's and 9's so u guys are good to go.

whatryan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
lemars iowa
for a women there just about right for them if your only riding trails. there handleing is not that good and there under powered. i have one had a good time with in iowa ditch banging but when i took it out west it boondocks alright but when its gets some what steep and deep it drags butt. just get her the nytro xtx that will be do the job

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
The Phazer is extremely nimble and high ( Tipsy)

If you take out the swaybar and put the Gen 2 simmons skis on it it makes the sled stable and fun for-everyone .
Before the gen 2 skis I just put the stockers in the wide position for my girlfriend and after that she loved it. The swaybar used to tip here over on of camber slow turns with bumps , without it she can now compress the uphill shock a bit. ( Without the swaybar go to max preload on the right and one notch les on the left shock)
There were a few updates done to them but Yamaha did all of them for free except the tunnel block of I did that myself . Besides that they are just about bullet proofed I did not do a thing to it except for changing the oil.

N
Nov 27, 2007
Kapowsin, WA
Thanks for the info

My wife went out Saturday and picked up a brand new 08 for a killer deal. I'll get the tunnel block-off kit ordered right away. She is really looking forward to it. She has been on a 97 XLT 600 and is ready for the upgrade.

Premium Features