• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08-09 Nytro subframe reinforcement

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
We are all aware that the FX Nytro had issues with a weak sub for model years 08-09. The 09's were upgraded from 08 with an added brace plate, but the 2010 models have been gusseted with stronger material, as the 09 brace plate did not completely fix the problem.

After seeing pushed back A-arms, and numerous other issues associated with over flexing on these frames, I have devised a simple fix that will add strength to the 08-09 model Nytro. My kit utilizes titanium tubing cut to length, and fitted with bushings which accomidate the hardware for mounting the kit to the sub. These kits will be sold either as single post (1 tube), or double post (2 tubes). Single post kits will mount in the #2 hole centered between the A-arm mounts, and require the removal of (1) shock for installation. Double post kits mount in the #1 and #3 holes between the A-arm mounts, and require both shocks be removed for installation. Potential buyers may want to consider dual post for 08 model, and single post for 09, however either kit will work on either model.

Availability of these kits will be extremely limited, as I have only enough material for 5-6 kits, and no plans to build more in the near future. Orders will be processed on a first come first serve basis. Interested parties are encouraged to contact me with a PM, or by email for more information. Pricing is in US dollars and includes shipping;

Single Post Kit - 120.00$
Double Post Kit - 210.00$

100_1503.jpg 100_1504.jpg 100_1500.jpg 100_1498.jpg 100_1505.jpg

N
Jul 11, 2008
Cornelius, OR
Will this kit work after the subframe has been tweeked?
i have an 08 Nytro and had an 09 sub installed last year but have tweeked it again this year. It is not as bad as last year since the right shock is not against the back of the a arm. i have about a 3/4" difference between the two ski's.

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
The measured distance between the sub gap is right at 5". If this distance is diff. on either side, the single post would work as it is directly centered. If the frame can be pulled straight again, I would recomend doing it before installing kit. If the frame can't be pulled out to stock dimensions, I could customize a kit based on your provided measurements. Let me say again that I would HIGHLY recomend getting the sub as straight as possible prior to installing kit. Simple way to straighten frame; unload ski pressure from affected side- set parking brake and/or anchor sled so it is stationary- attach come along/ratchet strap to affected side of sub- pull out until straight.

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Attach strap to the center of the ski spindle on the side that is pushed back 3/4" and pull it out so its even with the other ski. Take note of shock clearance on both upper and lower A-arms, and compare to unaffected side. If there is a noticeable diff of more than 1/4" in clerance, then apply pulling force to that A-arm until straight...

G
Mar 13, 2009
Western NY
As long as the frame is not bent to bad it can be repaired and reinforced with this gusset kit instead of buying a new frame. The only disadvantage is that it's a weld in gusset but when installed will strengthen the a-arm mounts and help prevent future bending.

DSC04344.jpg DSC04331.jpg DSC04340.jpg

Premium Features