• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 Phazer - How Do You Check/Fill Engine Oil

06 Phazer - How Do You Check/Fill Engine Oil

I have an 06 Phazer and have a oil warning light that appears when the snowmobile is started. After about 2-3 minutes the warning light turns off. I want to check the oil level to see if I am low and can't figure out where to check oil level and if low where to pour in more. Also what oil type should I use?

Last edited:
If you pull off the right side cover off the sled, 4 allen screws hold it on. There is an oil cooler/reservoir with a dipstick on the top of it. The oil level sensor is plugged into the top of it, so first remove the sensor plug connection. Then unscrew the dipstick, you will see the oil level on it. I always stick with the factory 4-stroke Yamalube. I think it is a 0w-30 maybe. It is explained pretty clearly in the owners manual as well. Best of luck!

When checking the level, you don't have to screw the dipstick back in. It just sets in the hole, then pull out and check level. You add oil through the same hole into the resevoir.

Premium Features

Back