• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 800R Summit, Replace ECM? or Bad ground?

M
Mar 7, 2009
Grande Prairie, AB
Hey, i just rebuilt the top end on my '07 800r summit at 980 miles and after it was done my check engine light came on. I got skidoo to read the codes and there are a whole bunch of sensors that have low voltage/high voltage. They are trying to tell me I need a new ECM but then i got it out of them that with a bad ground it could be throwing false codes. Has anybody ever had this problem or have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

P

pyxle

Jan 27, 2008
Maple Valley, WA
Have you have the ECM update done?

There is a service bulletin out about the ECM having voltage fluctuations that will trip many different faults, even though there aren't any problems...

W
Sep 3, 2008
Boise, Idaho
I also just finished the top end rebuild on mine today

The engine light on mine is also flashing?? I have checked all my connections and all seems to be good.
????

Have you had yours out and running on snow yet??

Thanks

M
Mar 7, 2009
Grande Prairie, AB
Haven't had mine out into some real snow yet. Too scared to run it hard. I have had all the recall's done but i wasn't aware of the ecm service bulletin and my dealer didn't tell me about it. Is it a recall or what's the deal? Thanks.

W
Sep 3, 2008
Boise, Idaho
I took my sled out yesterday and about 1/2 mile down the trail the engine light stopped flashing? All went well for the rest of the day.
I know RKT has access to remapping the ECM for $130+/-. He says its an improvement over stock?? I'll probably have it done to my this summer.

D
Apr 3, 2013
I know this is a old thread but hopefully you can help me out still. I had the same exact problem. I rebuilt the top end of my 07 summit adrenaline and the engine light began to randomly come on and beep. runs fine. took it to the dealer and a ton of codes showed up. What was your end result? This is driving me crazy and the dealer doesnt have much advice for me. I have run through most of the wiring harness looking for bad wires and connections and havnt found anything that caught my eye. please help!!

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
If the sled blew up it probly hit knock senser so you need to get it out and get it rev'd up past 7500 a few times and shut off with key so it can clear knock senser code.I just did a short block and that's how I got rid of all my bells and lights .cheers hope this helps.

Premium Features