• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06-M7 Help from AK Riders

T
Constantly chasing a bog on 06-M7, mostly in deep powder. Took off all mods w/ exception of Bikeman intake, V-force 3 reeds, and RKT clutch kit. On hard pack or some snow (6-12") the thing rips! Running 38 psi of fuel pressure, stock pipe, y pipe & can. Bogs starts at take off and slowly clears up through mid and high range, if you "feather" throttle it comes back around more quickly, but if you keep it to the bars it falls on its a$$$$$$! Read many threads, saw where guys have used boondocker and added fuel, but I believe it is mostly the high altitude rocky mountain guys. Tried TFI box, nothing. Have cleaned power valves many times, tried different cans, pipes, and nothing has cleared it up all the way. Acts like it is still getting too much fuel and when upper intake vents get the least little snow on them (riding in powder) the bogging condition accelerates tremendously. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Suckin Snow

Constantly chasing a bog on 06-M7, mostly in deep powder. Took off all mods w/ exception of Bikeman intake, V-force 3 reeds, and RKT clutch kit. On hard pack or some snow (6-12") the thing rips! Running 38 psi of fuel pressure, stock pipe, y pipe & can. Bogs starts at take off and slowly clears up through mid and high range, if you "feather" throttle it comes back around more quickly, but if you keep it to the bars it falls on its a$$$$$$! Read many threads, saw where guys have used boondocker and added fuel, but I believe it is mostly the high altitude rocky mountain guys. Tried TFI box, nothing. Have cleaned power valves many times, tried different cans, pipes, and nothing has cleared it up all the way. Acts like it is still getting too much fuel and when upper intake vents get the least little snow on them (riding in powder) the bogging condition accelerates tremendously. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Wish I could give you the cure, but you could put what I know about a cat, well you get the idea. Silk screen kit is the cure for a doo. Standby there are many cat aficionado's just dying to help you out:D

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
MY first thought is the intake too. Make sure that no snow is getting into the front of the nose cone, that can get sucked up onto the intake screen. I'm not sure what the BMP intake looks like, but snow can cut off the intake when you give it gas -it'll suck the snow up on to the vent and when you stop to check it, all of the snow falls back down and looks innocent.

A
Nov 19, 2008
ER
"Acts like it is still getting too much fuel and when upper intake vents get the least little snow on them (riding in powder) the bogging condition accelerates tremendously. Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!"

I think you've got your problem properly diagnosed. I've had three Cat EFI 700's since 05 and two suffered from the same problem. It's an easy fix though. Have you gone to an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? I took both my sleds down to Brad at ASAC and had him replace the regulator with the adjustable one he and Quam designed. He'll install it and set it to the proper pressure in about 30 minutes. The stock unit has too much variance in it causing a rich condition on many, but not all, 700's like you've noticed with yours.

Last edited:
F
Dec 5, 2001
back country
38 psi fuel pressure sounds low to me...if you take it to Brad and he measures it there, he'll prob. tell ya to turn it up too. And it could be a lean bog, down low, though they usually run lean midrange...

Premium Features