• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 crossfire 700 bog/ cut out

H
Dec 8, 2007
First sled ive had in awhile so im a newb again to site. So here we go...

Purchased a 2006 crossfire 700 with a running issue. Thought i had it figured out but was wrong. first off a description of sled:
-Stock 700
-Aftermarket intake. think it is a combo of SLP and Speedwerx. has added front vents as well as having holes drilled into top of air box.
-Has aftermarket M style can on it. Has M7 side panels and nose piece so exhaust can exit behind front suspension. Ceramic coated stock pipe and y pipe.
-Vented side panels.
-Oil pump delete kit. Mixing 32:1

So the issue im having is a bog at around 6500-700 Rpm. It is VERY intermittent bog, id say is 50/50 ratio of bog to lifting skis. If you take off after it has been sitting for awhile the sled runs awesome for mile or so, then develops the bog. Wont gain any RPMs past 65-6600. once its warm it bogs as well. When riding down trail and crack throttle it will sometimes bog, and sometimes take off like its supposed to...

Things ive tried:
- 125PSI compression in both cylinders.
-Good cardboard color in Y pipe. slightly darker on plugs.
-Taped off extra intake vents.
-Found a bad coil in stator, swapped stator and timing pickup outside flywheel with known good parts from buddies sled.
-Throttle safety switch/kill switch disconnected
-Checked secondary clutch for stuck rollers etc.
-Check.clean exhaust valves, checked cables. servo motor works correct when running on stand.
-Added some iso-propyl to gas and cleaned smart valves in tank.

Really lost and dont know what else to try. Tried doing some searches and never really found answers. just other things to try with no luck. Hoping someone has had this issue,solved it and is willing to point me in right direction haha.

S
Oct 25, 2013
Seems like you've tried the basics. I would take a look at the clutching. New springs, proper weights, belt to sheave clearance, and belt deflection would be the next step. Im sure others with more experience will chime in.

H
Dec 8, 2007
What is good deflection? Belt is flush with secondary sheaves at best. About 1 1/4- 1 3/8 deflection now. I did notice my mag side motor mount is cracked up and maybe causing some twist? New one on the way....

Today I cleaned the smart valve fuel pickups and put the custom stiffer BIC springs in haha. No luck same bog. Tried different ECU with same results... really banging my head against wall. Frustrating!

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
You're lacking backpressure. I picked up an effed up cf700 and rebuilt and modded it top to bottom. With 2 different cans on it I was having the exact same result. Tried everything and then a buddy had D&D barker can on his 800. I copied the adjustable backpressure valve and voila! My 03.5 f6 eb did the same thing until I put an 03 f5 mbrp can on it. The 500 canister was smaller and makes more pressure. Sound sweet and run like factory!

H
Dec 8, 2007
It ended up being the crappy cheap aftermarket can! Put a stock M7 on it, and now runs like a top!! What would you recommend if i decide to put a can back on it?

Premium Features