• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 rt 1000 any input

had a 07 xrs 151 but sold it didnt really have what i wanted power wise and im a bigger guy the 151 wasnt cuttin it either so was thinking a xp 163 but want some power with out pumpin it up so i was lookin at this rt 1000 a 05 but never rode one and was seen if anyone out there would let me know lil bout what they thought of em before i waste my money and time when i could be on a xp

hey i was in a very similar situation. i used to ride a 05 800 144. wanted more track and power. now ride an 05 rt 1000. its not entirelty stock, but power is night and day difference. but weight is noticeable too. if you want power cheap its the best buy. just make sure its got all updates on it, and hang on, cuz they rip.

rt 1000

put 3600 miles on a 05 162x hands down the best arm ripping sled around when clutched right but you have to get physical with it or it will beat you to death

put 3600 miles on a 05 162x hands down the best arm ripping sled around when clutched right but you have to get physical with it or it will beat you to death

^x2 Pulls like a fright train once its dialed in but you have to be an aggressive rider. IE pin it to win it and hope you make the long side hill through the trees cause they won't do it at slow speed.

ok but has anyone thats sayini rt 1000 good have you rode a xp also? im comparing the xp against a rt tryin to decide what i should get without regretn my choice and i had a 05 rmk and man i hate weight problems since kinda made me hate sledn til i got on a skidoo

The xp is easier to handle hands down. They will climb right allong side of the rt. I have an 05 rt summit x and i love it. I pulled the stabilizer off and I really dont have a problem throwing it around. I weigh 210 and came off of a 01 rmk 800, so there is not much weight difference. The thing you get with the rt is power. I dont like the 800's because they dont have the power feel of the 1000. You decide what you want.

Premium Features

Back