• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mounted Video Cameras

H

HighMark Adventures

Nov 26, 2007
Chilliwack
www.highmarkadventures.com
Uh ya they have been out for a few years now. I have the first generation(3mp) and it sucked azz. Video quality was pure shiat. Nothing like any samples they had on their website at the time. Now they have a hd version and once again the sample on their webpage look good. I know my experience was a negative one. Talked to the distributor in revy as he was setup for Dave`s gong show last year and he said I probably had a defective unit and to get a hold of him to replace it but I never did (lost his card so if anybody knows how to get a hold of him let me know). He seemed to be a good enough guy willing to help me out.

Having said that I must admit I am considering checking out the hd unit. Also check out the vholdr 1080p unit if your looking at this type of camera.

If you want side by side comparison`s go to vimeo and search.

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Uh ya they have been out for a few years now. I have the first generation(3mp) and it sucked azz. Video quality was pure shiat. Nothing like any samples they had on their website at the time. Now they have a hd version and once again the sample on their webpage look good. I know my experience was a negative one. Talked to the distributor in revy as he was setup for Dave`s gong show last year and he said I probably had a defective unit and to get a hold of him to replace it but I never did (lost his card so if anybody knows how to get a hold of him let me know). He seemed to be a good enough guy willing to help me out.

Having said that I must admit I am considering checking out the hd unit. Also check out the vholdr 1080p unit if your looking at this type of camera.

If you want side by side comparison`s go to vimeo and search.

The 1080p ones are justing coming out now. How did yours hold up in the snow/pow ect? Any sample vids or photos that you took? I was thinking about getting one and mounting it under my sled

H

HighMark Adventures

Nov 26, 2007
Chilliwack
www.highmarkadventures.com
I never did try snowmobiling because I bought it in the summer and used it one day while riding motox. Got home loaded video and was so dissapointed I threw it in my drawer and never looked at it again untill a few days ago. Had to confirm it was not just me the first time around. Made sure I had different battier to try etc. It still sucked.

I see them all over and lots of guys wearing them sledding, motox, kayaking etc . Water would not be an issue because they come with a waterproof enclosure. However that does mute out the mic quit a bit. Again I have no video because it sucks but I`m sure someone will chime in soon enough who has one.

Good luck

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
The Contour HD is a sweet High Definition camera that you can surface mount or wear on your goggle strap. The issue with surface mounting is vibration and bumps. If you wear it on a goggle strap your head acts as a natural shock absorber.

http://www.vholdr.com/contourhd/helmetcam

Last edited:
P

pokey76

Nov 9, 2009
Prince George B.C.
Video Camera

I have a GoPro cam. It has several different mounts ,helmet,side of hood,front of hood and others for were ever.Has a wide angle view and no vibration issues with mount. $259 in Canada

Premium Features