• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 sled weigh off

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
Dont think so. I ride with a lot of cats and I own a 16 LTD and we always burn a bit more, usually 10%. Cant speak for the C-Tec's.

Same in our group, cats are always the first and usually the only brand adding fuel on the hill.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Fuel consumption is directly related to the operator of the machine not so much the manufacturer.
160hp is going to need a certain amount of fuel.
100hp will need much less.....

No 800 out there makes 160hp at half throttle.....

U can tell a lot about how a person rides their sled by the fuel milage they get.

Stop and think before u respond...

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
the gas light comes on on the cats at like half a tank. its fooled me more than once. but still curious if you ignore the gas light, which sled will go the furthest.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Ride with a Cat (800 Zuke) and some Doos on a regular basis. The Cat with out a doubt uses the most fuel. Not really an issue, seems like we only use 5-7 gallons most days, but its pretty evident at the pump that the Cat burns the most fuel.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
My sled wears me out after a full tank of gas given the way I ride. Sometimes as a group when we get to our gas drop we ask "well we gonna ride a little more or is everybody tired." Another beer and someone man's up, F@ck yeah wer gonna ride a little more?.. But wer all gettin old. I got no complaints about my 18 summit X. Threads like this are just entertaining for me. Who cares....

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
There’s some great info and opinions on this thread. Too bad someone has to start with the trash talk and then half of the posts are just bickering.
Since 2011 I have owned a few Doos, a 2013 Pro 163 and a 2014 ProLite 900 that I modded EXTENSIVELY! For fit finish features and reliablitly hands down my Ski Doos have been the best. Little stuff on the Pro and the Cat fail and caused me issues. Is Poo still using that crap throttle block from the Pro on the Axys? I also had an injector fail on my Pro too. The Cat was just rough as a cob. Panel fit was terrible, the O2 sensor failed twice on me and caused issue all the time, the controls are clunky dated, the running boards were junk the e-start was janky and worked for the most part but never well even after a few trips to the dealer and the mid-range bog was an unsolvable problem that I just had to learn to ride around. The other thing was the steering effort was really high. I called that sled my training sled, I rode it just to get strong lol.
The only two issues I have had over 9 Ski Doos in the last 8 years was the fuel tank pickup recall and the gauge on one 2015 T3 that was on the third ?replacement when I sold it. Not once has a Doo ever left me stranded or failed to start for me.
Current sled is a 2018 Doo 850 174” stock except for shocks and I love it. I alos have an Alpha on the way and I am super stoked to try it. Sounds like the fit, finish and quality is way better than my 14 and the technical riding habits may be the best of any 2019 sleds.
Anyway thats my actual experience for what its worth.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Agree with everything that you said. My son's 2016 M6000 is rough as far as fit and finish, but it IS an early build. I hate working on it. The Alphas look a lot better, cleaner, less body parts. Doo has the fit and finish down, but there is always room for improvement.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY

This doesn’t show much. Lol

I did ride an alpha in 18” of fresh on a somewhat good base. I’ll just say this. Doo and poo have some catching up to do in the traction department. The alpha has so much traction. And it’s easier to ride (takes less effort) than my 154x2.5 850. I’m sure I’ll be on an alpha next year

Premium Features