• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ars-fx front bumper.... yay or nay..

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Picked up an '18 rmk. Looking at front bumpers. What are your thoughts on the Ars-fx front bumpers? Pros and cons????Get a new one shipped for 225..... I do like the Backwoods BMP And the B&m but liking the idea of the skidplate...

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
FWIW, I saw a sled that took a hit to an ARS style bumper and it punched a hole through the side of the bulkhead where it bolts on above the shock. No bueno.

I have nothing but good things to say about B&M, and that's after destroying multiple ones between my wife and I. The last one I had to cut with a sawzall to get it it off the sled it was so mangled. However, all instances they've saved the sled from being totaled or major damage and the mounting tabs are still intact.

If you want a similar skid plate, it's just a piece of black UHMW plastic that looks to be about 1/4" thick. A 24" x 24" piece is about $50.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/53429932

A
Jan 6, 2017
Alaska
I like mine. The wrap around design makes it easy to grab on and pull from awkward positions. The solid metal plate does take dings pretty easily from branches and ice chunks though.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
After having installed the ARS-FX bumper and selling 3-4 of them I would not personally put it on a sled. On the units I had the following issues arrose:

1. Side tubes had sucked in so much after welding that it pushed the front belly pan in and cause latching issues of the side panel. Zbroz said slight "tweaking" might be needed during install, which in turn caused the PC to crack/chip at the welds.
2. All of the rivets for the side bars pulled out as they were not supplied with backers
3. Had to drill 6 holes in the nose pan as the supplied hardware to attach the front skid plate to the bumper was too long and would not clamp properly unless you drilled holes for the rivets.
4. All holes were undersized and needed to be drilled out, some of this was PC, some undersized holes. Very annoying at any rate.
5. Front inner bolts were replaced with rivets, making servicing a pain as you have to drill the 2 rivets out which just about requires a 90* drill.
6. Pipe mount tab does not fit properly
7. No provision for the Belt/plug holder

All in all I was quite disappointed in the quality and fit of the bumper. I will not sell or stock these units for my customers. I could not justify the hassles at the price point when there were other products on the market that did not have any of these drawbacks at similar price points.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Another vote to just get the BM Fab, no skid plate, but the quality, fit, and strength are as good as it gets. Theres are reason so many recommend them.

P
Dec 13, 2011
I'm curious about the Monarch bumper as well. Looks good. I assume it fits good being a Polaris product, does it stand up?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
BM Fab all the way. Those flat plates between the lower bars just hold snow and ice. Their front bumper isn't the "prettiest", but it works and I think tree rash is sweet.
bfd7973189c57a7d3d9bfdbfa9bad001.jpg
148010310555fba5b405a896d602a648.jpg

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
I’m with Murph, B&M fab all the way.... quality & fit is second
to no one.

Normally quality cost more and it’s worth every cent.

Plus the made in American is a nice touch !

Dan
This... Love my BN fab front.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
It doesn't matter whatever deal you can get on other bumpers. The B&M will save your sled when others wont. It's simple, wont hold snow and ice up front as bad as others on the market, and is the best bumper on the market. I'd pay full retail for one before even taking another brands for free.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I have a new BMfab front for Axys. Black. If anyone is interested. I will sell it at reduced rate. Send me PM.

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
B&M gets my vote... my sled ghost rode itself into this tree at a fairly good clip... hit one of the outside “wings” of the bumper square on, took all of the impact and saved my a-arms which i’m 100% certain would have been ripped off.

78e30945d09f1aa8199556cdd89b6281.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N
Sep 25, 2018
BMFab bumper

Are any of you guys running aftermarket pipes on your sled with the BMfab front bumper? The website is a little confusing when it comes to SLP pipes fitting or not. I will be in an 850 this year and I'm entertaining the idea of SLP pipe/silencer.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Are any of you guys running aftermarket pipes on your sled with the BMfab front bumper? The website is a little confusing when it comes to SLP pipes fitting or not. I will be in an 850 this year and I'm entertaining the idea of SLP pipe/silencer.

I ran the bikeman pipe with a BM Fab bumper. Fit just fine. To my knowledge guys were doing the same with the SLP. Too early to tell of course what will work with the 850.

I took a similar hit to the above photo, on a much steeper hill (bigger tree too LOL). Thought my sled was DONE. Tweaked the “wing” and the rest of the bumper remained straight, no broken tabs or plastic. Fairly confident that in stock form it would have been a $1500+ hit.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I ran the bikeman pipe with a BM Fab bumper. Fit just fine. To my knowledge guys were doing the same with the SLP. Too early to tell of course what will work with the 850.

I took a similar hit to the above photo, on a much steeper hill (bigger tree too LOL). Thought my sled was DONE. Tweaked the “wing” and the rest of the bumper remained straight, no broken tabs or plastic. Fairly confident that in stock form it would have been a $1500+ hit.

The SLP works with the B&M bumper on the '18. There was one pipe that didn't because the exhaust sensor nut hit the cross support on the bumper. I believe it was the Straightline Performance. Greenstate would know if you ask him. It was on one of his sleds.

Premium Features