• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX Boards 2016 M8000

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Was wondering what others thought of the BDX pro lite aluminum running boards on the ProClimb chassis? They seems to be one of the lower cost boards out there and look like they have pretty good grip built in without adding screws or plastic pieces. Any drawbacks others have experienced?

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
I installed them on my machine in 2016 before I had even ridden my machine. I’m a heavy rider, normally 210, last season 230 plus gear, probably 270-280 rtr. I ride fairly hard, bash into whatever, popped rivets, but bdx boards have been flawless.
My 2 cents

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Had them on my 2014 Pro-lite for three years. 250-275lb pretty aggressive rider. Never got a bow in them or loosened up any rivits surprisingly. They shed snow very well and don't ice up, but they don't have quite the traction of boards with screws. I actually had to add screws at the bend at the rear of the boards after slipping a foot and falling off a handful of times.

I helped a friend install a set on his 2016 and the fit left a lot to be desired. Definitely a two man operation with about 4 clamps. To make it look decent when finished. Between that and the experience I had with the cat pro MTN boards I have now, I'll be spending the extra money on BM Fab or Skinz for the next sled.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Had them on my 2014 Pro-lite for three years. 250-275lb pretty aggressive rider. Never got a bow in them or loosened up any rivits surprisingly. They shed snow very well and don't ice up, but they don't have quite the traction of boards with screws. I actually had to add screws at the bend at the rear of the boards after slipping a foot and falling off a handful of times.

I helped a friend install a set on his 2016 and the fit left a lot to be desired. Definitely a two man operation with about 4 clamps. To make it look decent when finished. Between that and the experience I had with the cat pro MTN boards I have now, I'll be spending the extra money on BM Fab or Skinz for the next sled.

I really like BM fab boards I added to my 2016 Ltd!

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Thanks everyone, I may just keep watching for sale prices on one of the other boards instead. Kind of sounds like the bdx boards may get a little bit slippery.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've had b&m fab boards on my last two sleds. Probably wont own another sled with out them. The screws are a little hard on the bottoms of the boots but I've never once slipped.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Also a fan of the B&Ms

I'm about to buy another set for an axys I just bought but I'm going to try something different with the screws. As mentioned they annihilate your boots. I was thinking some small allen screws. They may pack up more since there's a hole on top but I can't see them ripping into your boots as much as the ones Brian sends with his boards. Traction is the best out there but I also do ski laps with my sled and they really just destroy ski boots, so I need to figure something out. My regular sledding boots have grooves in them, haha

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
FYI BM Fab offers boards with traction blocks instead of screws. Little machined aluminum pieces with cross-cuts and are tapped for set screws.
https://bmfabrications.com/collections/arctic-cat/products/billet-traction-blocks
TKI makes the blocks: https://www.shop.tkicnc.com/TKI-Traction-Block-Kit-TKI-TRX.htm
The traction blocks work well, I have them installed with the skinny boards on my 2017 King Cat. I didn't need to even install the allen screws, the blocks were sufficient.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
The only ones I've seen in person (traction blocks) packed up with snow like crazy.

Sticky west coast snow but still....

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Running Baords

Was wondering what others thought of the BDX pro lite aluminum running boards on the ProClimb chassis? They seems to be one of the lower cost boards out there and look like they have pretty good grip built in without adding screws or plastic pieces. Any drawbacks others have experienced?

We have sold over 1000 sets of them! They are excellent boards. Any running board take some time to install, especially your first time. Check out our installation video to help you out. Its viewable right on our website, just click the link below, pick which version you need and the video in in that section.

We really don't find them slippery at all with the traction teeth built right into the extrusion. But its easy enough to add some more traction screws if you feel the need. Screws are cheap. I would try them out first.

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_category=275&controller=category

A great price too at $299!! Many colors available of course.

RUNNING BOARDS BDX.jpg

D
Sep 24, 2008
Rockies
I have 2 sets, 250lbs with gear, no issues at all.... i don't find snow packing (SE BC conditions) and they pair nice grip wise with my Klim boots....

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
BDX: You guys ever going to make some of those for other brands?

Premium Features