• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boots

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
Tried a pair on last week. Very nice! Just what the industry needed. Not quite as stiff and robust as a moto boot but definitely some extra protection. I think it's a nice compromise between the two.
No doubt there will be guys that wanted a more bullet proof boot and some that will find them overkill but I believe this will satisfy the masses.

B
Look nice. Gore-Tex to keep the feet dry.

BOA=incredible as I have it on the RevIt Discoveries and love how easy on, easy off and ease of adjusability.

Velcro top closure with the shin pad to protect. Good looks.

Is it marketed as a snowbike boot? Either way, it looks way less bulkier than trad. sled boots.

culater

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2006
I'm now taking orders for the KlimHavoc Snowbike boot. They have 600 grams of thinsulate and are a snowbike specific boot and will be available in black or white. Boots will ship in October. PM me for more details

Attachments

• 29541887_10156260696485365_2564088957206390234_n.jpg
    29541887_10156260696485365_2564088957206390234_n.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 87
C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
why snowbike boots?

my giant, show snovelling, winter baffin boots have been working amazingly. even with my 2nd shifter I bought that looks like it had been cut down, I still dont have problems shifting gears. my tobe suit goes over the top. they sit nice and flat on my pegs, warm and comfy.

theyre a tad bulky though and not 100% waterproof. dont offer much protection either though but have worked great all winter long. 15 rides, 50 engine hours.

im scared to know the price of an actual sled boot... theres a reason it hasnt been mentioned yet. :eek:

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
why snowbike boots?

my giant, show snovelling, winter baffin boots have been working amazingly. even with my 2nd shifter I bought that looks like it had been cut down, I still dont have problems shifting gears. my tobe suit goes over the top. they sit nice and flat on my pegs, warm and comfy.

theyre a tad bulky though and not 100% waterproof. dont offer much protection either though but have worked great all winter long. 15 rides, 50 engine hours.

im scared to know the price of an actual sled boot... theres a reason it hasnt been mentioned yet. :eek:

You are totally missing the point of them. It's not a comfort thing, it's protection. I can huck a 100' in summer in DC skate shoes if my landing is right but when you case or overshoot it's nice to be wearing moto boots. Same applies with these. Sooner or later you will tag a stump or rock with your foot and these will at least give you a fighting chance. You invest 25k in a bike... invest a fraction of that in gear that will keep you riding and paying the bills instead of laid up on the couch nursing a broken ankle.

Fully waterproof is also huge. I've spent 2 seperate nights on the mountain due to break downs. If you ever have to hunker down for the night, being dry is very important. Can mean the difference between a chilly inconvenient camp out and possibly not making it through the night.

I get it... the cost sucks but backcountry is no place for gear meant for going to check the mail.

B
why snowbike boots?

Everyone likes, what they like. Some guys like guys, it is all about choices and why Communism just never really took off anywhere, people want choices.

I'll bet they will be right around $300.

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
Foot pegs=Moto boots
March 19 was my one year anniversary of snapping my Achilles tendon because after six years of being safe wearing Moto boots, I wanted dry feet. Switched to fxr lt. boas. Dumbest choice ever.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Someone was listening roo , their new boot has been changed for more protection .

Hopefully these new boots have a synthetic shank and a tread that resists the pegs .

Attachments

• IMG_20180327_084149769.jpg
    IMG_20180327_084149769.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
I’m just getting into snowbiking and I’m a firm believer in ATGATT and dont get on my dirt 300 without full protection. I ride dirt with Forma Predator 2.0 with an Enduro sole and I’d like to wear them for snowbiking too. Has anyone tried battery powered heated socks in mx boots? I figure if I had two pair, one warming my toes and one in my backpack (for use if the first ran out of juice) that I’d be warm, if a bet wet, all day. Am I dreaming or does this actually work and to what temperatures?

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The klim havoc’s are legit.

Ordered through Dennis Kirk and got them in 3 days.

192d2d0942da816ffe20725c339dd958.jpg

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The klim havoc’s are legit.

Ordered through Dennis Kirk and got them in 3 days.

192d2d0942da816ffe20725c339dd958.jpg

they look good. but no better than the newer Motor fist boot.when they said they were making a snow bike boot most were looking for lower ankle and leg protection like a Moto boot has .

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
they look good. but no better than the newer Motor fist boot.when they said they were making a snow bike boot most were looking for lower ankle and leg protection like a Moto boot has .

I compared these to some newer motorfist boots. (Stomper 2’s)

The havoc definitely has more ankle support and leg protection.

They feel very similar to the gaerne enduro boots a bunch of us run in the summer.

Premium Features